Getting a new monitor 144hz

MoShU23

Hi,

Looking into changing my current monitor to a 144hz monitor (currently having a BENQ GL2460 60hz). I came up with a list but still unsure which one is the best in terms of features.

I mostly play FPS games but also enjoy good quality adventure games. I came with the following monitors:

BenQ XL2411Z
Asus VG248QE
AOC G2460PG (with g-sync)

My first option was the AOC just because it has g-sync but then again, not sure how effective g-sync is on 144hz monitors.

My current setup is, i7-4790k, GTX 780Ti, 16GB of RAM

Please let me know what monitor should I get and why do you think is better.

Thank you.

I am looking for 144hz, I don't really mind the TN panels that much.

I recommend a 1440p IPS/PLS instead

^ This, TN panels look terrible at the slightest offset, and that 780ti can most likely rip through games at 1080p easily, why not push a higher resolution on it since it'll handle that and look better? :)

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I personally really like the vg248qe. You can modify it to have gsync yourself or buy one with it preinstalled from digital storm.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

benq xl2430t

or with gsync benq2420g

or if u like asus better: asus vg248qe

IMO, i prefer benqs

I would recommend the AOC, as long as you're on the Green team with something G Sync enabled. If you are looking for 144Hz. I wouldn't go with IPS because that doesn't do 144Hz like you suggested you wanted with the title.

I would suggest the AOC model because it is G Sync, and if you are going to spend a pretty penny on a monitor for the next few years it will do the job. Along with the newer games that come out may need more juice than the 780ti can offer. Meaning 40ish FPS will be playable versus a standard non variable refresh rate monitor that won't be.

^ This, TN panels look terrible at the slightest offset, and that 780ti can most likely rip through games at 1080p easily, why not push a higher resolution on it since it'll handle that and look better? :)

He probably wants the high refresh rate. Welcome to CS.

Edit: the VG248QE has 2W built in speakers which is nice if you plan to use the monitor for consoles at all (lmao) but I hear the BenQ monitors tend to have better colors or the colors look much better with the correct ICC profile compared to the VG248QE.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

So in the end I have to take either benq or AOC, still not sure which one :unsure:  , I will keep researching through the depths of google and hopefully I will make my mind. As is stands, I am inclined more towards AOC, just because it comes with g-sync.

benq xl2430t

or with gsync benq2420g

or if u like asus better: asus vg248qe

IMO, i prefer benqs

A side-note about that XL2420G. It supports non G-sync inputs.

The XL2430T is a luxury item, it's pretty much the same as the XL2411Z, just with a few extra "nice-to-haves" and a few things that have been re-designed to make it, "nicer-to-have". Ultimately, you're still getting the same panel even if you get the Asus. I find the build quality of Benqs gaming monitors leaps and bounds better than Asus' offerings

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM