Got an Asus r9 290x Direct CUII but I'm having some issues

Meowingtonhaxor

I have it installed and everything is working, drivers all setup everything configured. But I'm trying to launch some games and they start launching then they just crash me to desktop. I ordered this card on Thanksgiving and switching to this from a GT 545. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will provide more information as it is needed

>edit: a bit of specs for my Computer that I can find or remember off hand

64-bit Windows 7 home Premium

i5-3450 3.10 GHz

8GB ram (can't remember exact manufacturer, but I think it's Adata)

Asus r9 290x Direct CUII (obvious)

700 watt power supply

Try restarting if you haven't already, sometimes when I install new games / install new drivers it doesn't like to let me play games until I restart

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Try restarting if you haven't already, sometimes when I install new games / install new drivers it doesn't like to let me play games until I restart

I've restarted quite a few times already. I'm really frustrated because I was looking forward to getting higher than 45 FPS for once

your power supply?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I've restarted quite a few times already. I'm really frustrated because I was looking forward to getting higher than 45 FPS for once

Why would you want to go higher than 45 fps? It wont be as cinematic 

your power supply?

700 Watts (can't remember exact manufacturer, it was a bit cheaper but it works perfectly fine

Not all of the heatpipes reaches the GPU chip of the 290x. Reason being ASUS basically slap their 780 cooler onto the 290x, resulting in the heatpipes not being able to conduct heat away from the chip as some of them are not in contact. What you are experiencing is probably thermal throttling. Check your tempts of the GPU

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Not all of the heatpipes reaches the GPU chip of the 290x. Reason being ASUS basically slap their 780 cooler onto the 290x, resulting in the heatpipes not being able to conduct heat away from the chip as some of them are not in contact. What you are experiencing is probably thermal throttling. Check your tempts of the GPU

I doubt it's throttling though, The temps are all normal seeing as I'm not even able to launch a game, It says "steam is preparing to launch Counter-strike: Global Offensive" the dialog box goes away and then a quick screen flash of the game launching then the game force quits and leaves me at the desktop, my friends see me in game but I'm not physically playing the game or even able to see it in Task manager

I doubt it's throttling though, The temps are all normal seeing as I'm not even able to launch a game, It says "steam is preparing to launch Counter-strike: Global Offensive" the dialog box goes away and then a quick screen flash of the game launching then the game force quits and leaves me at the desktop, my friends see me in game but I'm not physically playing the game or even able to see it in Task manager

Sounds like the nvidia drivers werent properly uninstalled.... Did you make sure you uninstalled any traces of nvidia drivers?

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Sounds like the nvidia drivers werent properly uninstalled.... Did you make sure you uninstalled any traces of nvidia drivers?

I went in and just uninstalled everything I saw with nvidia on it. I'll go back and check to make sure

>update: No nvidia files I can see in my uninstall window. and a side question: When I switched my GPU to my new one I lost the ability to expand my display (I have 2 of them) and the theme changed itself to Win7 basic, which looks ugly to me. I've tried turning it back to what it was but transparency won't switch from Opaque to transparent. If while we're figuring out the solution to this question but come along with any of those 2 and solve them that would be awesome, but these questions are on a side note

Reinstall the AMD Drivers? I'm assuming you tried that already. I guess you can try using a Driver sweeper to make sure its really clean.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

Reinstall the AMD Drivers? I'm assuming you tried that already. I guess you can try using a Driver sweeper to make sure its really clean.

Can you link me to any good Driver sweepers, my dear Sonaporo?

I went in and just uninstalled everything I saw with nvidia on it. I'll go back and check to make sure

>update: No nvidia files I can see in my uninstall window. and a side question: When I switched my GPU to my new one I lost the ability to expand my display (I have 2 of them) and the theme changed itself to Win7 basic, which looks ugly to me. I've tried turning it back to what it was but transparency won't switch from Opaque to transparent. If while we're figuring out the solution to this question but come along with any of those 2 and solve them that would be awesome, but these questions are on a side note

Use this http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

And then reinstall your AMD drivers and we shall see again 

Use this http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

And then reinstall your AMD drivers and we shall see again

Got all those drivers uninstalled with the program, but all I get when I try to boot up Battle.net is this http://gyazo.com/da7cc1f0b81c6c4cfae78c5a433db6ec. This is really frustrating me because I've been at this for nearly 8 hours today with no change in what is happening.

You reinstalled the drivers right? With Admin Privileges?

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Got all those drivers uninstalled with the program, but all I get when I try to boot up Battle.net is this http://gyazo.com/da7cc1f0b81c6c4cfae78c5a433db6ec. This is really frustrating me because I've been at this for nearly 8 hours today with no change in what is happening.

get help from @YubinTheBunny i need to go to school now... Check on you later! 

Try reinstalling the AMD drivers now

Okay, How bout you try the drivers from the official AMD site?

32-bit: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+32

64-bit: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

And hope this fixes it

Build

Okay, How bout you try the drivers from the official AMD site?

32-bit: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+32

64-bit: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

And hope this fixes it

You make me feel so stupid because I never bothered to look there ;-; I'm sorry I'm sometimes a complete retard when it comes to computers ;~;

The drivers on the official Asus site is quite old, that may be the problem.

Build

The drivers on the official Asus site is quite old, that may be the problem.

Thank you so much for all your help and I hope you don't mind if when ever I see you around the forums I call your Sonaporo :3 I'm installing the new drivers from the Asus page itself. I hope I can get to gaming tomorrow because I'm so excited to see the highquality high framerates!

Thank you so much for all your help and I hope you don't mind if when ever I see you around the forums I call your Sonaporo :3 I'm installing the new drivers from the Asus page itself. I hope I can get to gaming tomorrow because I'm so excited to see the highquality high framerates!

Well Glad your problem is solved, and have fun with buttery FPS.

Sonaporo out  :ph34r:

Build