D.I.Y. Molex Pin remover?

I've been looking around on the internet for a ghetto way of removing pins from my molex connectors so that I can give them custom sleeving. I've tryed the method with a pen but that doesn't seem to be working for me :(

Any ideas/solutions would be much appreciated :)

Desktop: Intel i7 3770 - Gigabyte Z77 D3H MVP - 16GB RAM OCed to 1400mhz - EVGA 760 4GB ACX FTW Edition & Gainward GTX 650 1GB - 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD - 2TB Hitachi HDD - Windows 8

Laptop: Alienware M11x r3 i7 - 8GB RAM - GTX 560m - 750GB Seagate HDD - Windows 7

SEND ME ALL YOUR BITCOINS: 1PPkGGMKT3RpjjVVDCMZ3GXf6TvHimWDBE

use a thin drinking straw and shove it around the pin and wiggle it around and it should pop out soon enough

MoBo: GA-z77x-ud3h CPU: 2500K @ 3.1 (miss my h80) Cooler: Stock GPU: EVGA 780 ACX RAM: 8gb G.skill SSDs: 2X Sammy 120EVOs HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracudas PSU: Corsair RM750 Case: Blue NZXT H440

use a thin drinking straw and shove it around the pin and wiggle it around and it should pop out soon enough

two straws later and i still don't have a molex pin removed :(

Desktop: Intel i7 3770 - Gigabyte Z77 D3H MVP - 16GB RAM OCed to 1400mhz - EVGA 760 4GB ACX FTW Edition & Gainward GTX 650 1GB - 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD - 2TB Hitachi HDD - Windows 8

Laptop: Alienware M11x r3 i7 - 8GB RAM - GTX 560m - 750GB Seagate HDD - Windows 7

I've been looking around on the internet for a ghetto way of removing pins from my molex connectors so that I can give them custom sleeving. I've tryed the method with a pen but that doesn't seem to be working for me :(

Any ideas/solutions would be much appreciated :)

Use the refill of a gel pen they fit nicely and work flawlesly.

Use the refill of a gel pen they fit nicely and work flawlesly.

not for me unfortunately

:(

So here is a way that I used When I didn't know that there were pin removal tools and internet.

image.png

Use a Thin Pry bar or a pin And bend the first tab by holding the molex pin through wire at and angle then do the same for the other.

Use this method very patiently there is a chance that you can break something.

If after removing the tabs are depressed much then slightly expand them using a needle.

USE WITH CAUTION.

With any method make sure that you hold the plug..try to avoid pulling on the wire.  It is better to push the wire forwards..then insert your tool, compress the wings , then pull the wire.  

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

With any method make sure that you hold the plug..try to avoid pulling on the wire.  It is better to push the wire forwards..then insert your tool, compress the wings , then pull the wire.

+1. Do this

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Using paperclips may work.
You will need to thin them out, maybe using a hammer.

CPU: Intel 2700k (4.7) MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (1866) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD (Boot), 64GB Crucial M4 (SSD Cache), 1TB WD Black Cavier, 2TB Hitachi, 2.5TB Buffalo Sound Card: Xonar Essence STX Case: Corsair Graphite 600t w/ full acrylic side PSU: Corsair HX750 (individually sleeved) 
Peripherals: Filco Keyboard (Brown) Razer Deathadder, Sennheiser HD595, Zalman ZM-MIC1, Steelseries Qck Mass mousepad.
Pics of my Rig

Why not just buy a molex pin remover tool on the internet...?

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |