Effects of Installing CM11 on Xperia Z2

I tire of the xperia ui on my Xperia z2. I wish to install cyanogenmod on the device but fear for the state of warranty and repair. If I am to change the operating system, will I still be able to for example send it for repair if it drowns within the guidelines of the ip58 certifications. I purchased it unlocked from NCIX.com a few months ago.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

If you ever damaged your device with root, they will not take it back for warranty, but if you restore your original OS without root, they will take it back.

I would know because I sent several phones back for warranties that were once rooted. You just need to know how to cover your tracks 

If you ever damaged your device with root, they will not take it back for warranty, but if you restore your original OS without root, they will take it back.

I would know because I sent several phones back for warranties that were once rooted. You just need to know how to cover your tracks 

And how would I cover said tracks? Would I just backup my current OS and setup (Xperia UI 4.4.4 non-rooted)? And then restore it when necessary?

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

If you're that concerned then don't install CM. I'm not fond of what I've seen of it but I haven't heard many complaints regarding Sony's skin other than maybe update times.

And how would I cover said tracks? Would I just backup my current OS and setup (Xperia UI 4.4.4 non-rooted)? And then restore it when necessary?

From my experience of Samsung and Motorola Android devices, whenever I had to send a phone back I had to open a software (it varies per devices) and reflash my stock firmware onto the device and whenever I reflash my stock firmware, it gets rid of root completely.

But whenever I flash with a samsung device it keeps a counter of how many times I did it so I had to reset the counter...

It varies per device...this is how I did it and your way of doing it maybe different because its a Sony product so idk...go to the XDA Forums, they will be a great help to you as they have helped me out a few times..

From my experience of Samsung and Motorola Android devices, whenever I had to send a phone back I had to open a software (it varies per devices) and reflash my stock firmware onto the device and whenever I reflash my stock firmware, it gets rid of root completely.

But whenever I flash with a samsung device it keeps a counter of how many times I did it so I had to reset the counter...

It varies per device...this is how I did it and your way of doing it maybe different because its a Sony product so idk...go to the XDA Forums, they will be a great help to you as they have helped me out a few times..

OK, I'll check it out.