What should i clean my CPU with??

Hello i am planing on getting a Corsair h100i and i need to know what is the best thing to clean off the thermal paste thats left at the CPU after i take of the stock cooler?

Use 99% isopropyl alchahol and just wipe it off with a lint free cloth (I just use my shirt). You can also buy ArcticSilver ArcticClean, I use it and it does a great job http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100010.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Use 99% isopropyl alchahol and just wipe it off with a lint free cloth (I just use my shirt). You can also buy ArcticSilver ArcticClean, I use it and it does a great job http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100010.

You can also use Coffee Filters. They are lint free (imagine lint in your coffee... ew).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You can also use Coffee Filters. They are lint free (imagine lint in your coffee... ew).

So you mean i should take either that alcohol thingy or the articclean thingy in a coffee filter and just rub it at my CPU? :DD

So you mean i should take either that alcohol thingy or the articclean thingy in a coffee filter and just rub it at my CPU? :DD

Basically yeah. 

Or you can get alcohol wipes (the things diabetics use when they check their blood sugar levels) and just use those. They are perfect for it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.