GTX 970/980 vs Quadro K2200

Hi I'm pretty new here

I'm thinking of building a PC, on the issue of graphics card, I have no idea which benchmark/test to look at when it comes to comparing graphics cards rendering ability and stuff. I game very little, so I'm not sure which of the two is better in terms of mostly graphics designs etc

thanks

Quadro is not for gaming, and i'd say if you're really into design and stuff, get the quadro, but "game very little" is not the same as "not game at all" so you might wanna get a 980 for very good design/render/etc performance and to be able to play whatever you want at a nice quality.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I'd go for the 970 or 980.

If SLI'ing two 970s would improve rendering speed, then go for that over a 970. (if within budget, otherwise get a 980)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It depends on what kind of graphics design work you do and what software you use.  In programs that use double-precision, the GTX 980 will be limited to 1/32 of its normal performance, which will probably drop it well below the Quadro K2200 in performance.  The Quadro will only have an advantage in double-precision workloads though, so not all professional/workstation applications will run better on the Quadro than the 980, only some.

As you might already know, the Quadro cards are specifically made for things like graphic designs, while the Geforce cards are more oriented to a consumer based used.  The quadro cards will used less power, have a lower heat output and will have double precision floating point capabilites. 

The Quadro is obviously more expensive but you should theorically get "better" results when using professional grade applications. The card itself is more reliable because the of the quality being previously controlled by Nvidia itself (not some 3rd party company) 

Obviously, you can still do 3d modeling and gaming on both, they just do a better job one or another. The quadro would be the right choice if you actually working with these professional grade applications as a job. The geforce is fine if you're doing it for fun.

Wrong thread? That wasn't the question at all here...

Make it -snip-

You can still play less demanding games on it 

If you wanna argue just to argue do it, but you gotta look for some1 else, i think you, and every1, understood what i said.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

If you wanna argue just to argue do it, but you gotta look for some1 else, i think you, and every1, understood what i said.

Im not trying to argue... I quoted you before you edited your comment...