Emerald's Desk Build

EmeraldFlame

So, I decided a while ago that I was going to build a desk, and today, I think I have the basic layout at least done.

Check out the short overview I filmed of my 3d model here: http://youtu.be/dj8CeEe1OjE

post-124185-0-85882000-1417227101.png

This desk is being designed to hold both my workstation and my home server inside the desk, along with handle power distribution to both computers, the monitors, and any peripherals I might add. The desk has more than enough room for 2 XL-ATX MoBo-s, 4x 480mm rads, 2x 720mm rads, and basically anything else I can think off.

The writing surface will be a dark stained wood measuring in at 8' x 3' with a cutout for a glass inlay above the motherboards. The areas that will be holding the hardware will be made out of 1/16" aluminum sheet, most likely powdercoated or painted black. Then my very the drawer cabinets will once again be wood, although the drawers aren't really modeled in the rendering in the video, basically just boxes for sizing.

Please take a look at the video and let me know any thoughts/ideas you may have to improve it. Also let me know, should I stick with the cutouts for the fans, and allow my dust filters to act as the grill or should I put a design a proper grill into it, and if so what style (honeycomb, straight slats, etc.)?

Also if you have measurements for how the expansion slots should be modeled, please send it to me. All the information I find is extremely varied and I can't nail down what it's supposed to be.

Really excited to hear everyone's comments on this. I also want to make it clear, this project is quite a long ways away from actually being built, and updates will most likely come slowly, but surely, over time. I essentially want this to be the last desk/case I will ever need, so I want to make sure it is completely set-up to my liking (not to mention its gonna be stupid expensive). Also the project is in need of a name, so if you have any ideas, let me know.