can anyone help? system very loud

D4nc3R

Hy there world of LinusTechTIps...My name is Patrick aka D4nc3R...am new to the forum...been watching linus for some years now..

Could anyone help me understand something...wherever i go and watch videos of sound levels for gpu's ,cpu's, psu's etc....they all seem to not be as loud as my personal rig....i just finished building my new gaming\edting rig and i can't understand one thing....my rig is so loud my babygirl always wakes up when i power up and use the thing...here's my pc componets....any help would be much apreciated

Case: CM Storm Stryker with stock fans

Cpu: I7 4770k stock (not Overclocked) so it runs on the stock 3.5 ghZ

Gpu:Gtx 770 from Asus Direct CU2 also not overclocked 

Psu: Cooler Master G 600w if needed here's the part number (RS-600-ACAA-B1)

Cpu Cooler: CM Hyper 412s

Motherboard: Msi Z77A-G43

Hdd: WD 2Tb

SSd: Samsung 840 evo 120 Gb

Ram: Kingston dual Channel 2*8Gb Total 16 Gb

Ps. i use Cooler Masters calculator to do the math for the total wats needed for this system and it showed me  443w so with the 600w i think i'm good right?

P.P.s: I think my problem is my psu ...can someone confirm that ?

Regards Patrick aka D4nc3R

Noise - why god invented fingers.

Go into the bios and see if you can reduce the speed of the fans. If they are 4 pin they are fully controllable with any modern board, and, it should carry software to enable fan tweaking in Windows.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

What temps are you getting? Do you run your fans off a molex or are they connected to the motherboard fan outputs? If you run them off a moles, chances are they're running full speed and you can't control the noise. If you're running them off the motherboard, do waht ALXAndy suggested and set fan curves in the bios so they run at lower speeds when not under load.

If you get higher than usual cpu temps and this jacks up the fan speeds, maybe you're cpu cooler isn't making good contact with the cpu block.

What temps are you getting? Do you run your fans off a molex or are they connected to the motherboard fan outputs? If you run them off a moles, chances are they're running full speed and you can't control the noise. If you're running them off the motherboard, do waht ALXAndy suggested and set fan curves in the bios so they run at lower speeds when not under load.

If you get higher than usual cpu temps and this jacks up the fan speeds, maybe you're cpu cooler isn't making good contact with the cpu block.

Your case has a fan controller too, does it get quieter when you turn the case fans' speed down?

It is most likely the 200m fan that thing is very loud on anything above 70%