My GTX 560 runs only @ pcie 1.1 x4 speeds

Michael
Go to solution Solved by BiG StroOnZ,

There are no other cards installed on any pcie slots other than the graphics card and, it's on the top-most slot.

There are two PCI-E slots on that motherboard. One is Blue and one is Black. Make sure it is installed in the Blue one. 

If you have it installed in the Blue one already, try updating the Bios on the motherboard:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68M_PRO/HelpDesk_Download/

Hello guys, I've just recently noticed that my card runs only @ x4 speeds pcie gen 1.1 tho, the gtx 560 and my mobo supports pcie 2.0 x16. I've tried running uniengine benchmark to see if it goes x16 when under full load but still, it stays at x4 speed. 

PwRkHHG.png

I've tried to play ACIII and the fps averages between 27-ish to 39-ish. I'm using latest drivers and performed a clean driver install.

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG

CPU Intel Core i5-2500k     GPU Nvidia GTX 560     RAM Corsair Vengeance LP (2x4gb)     MOBO ASUS p8z68m-PRO     HDD/SSD WD Caviar Blue 1tb/OCZ Vertex 3 60gb

PSU Cooler Master GX 550w     CASE CM Storm Scout II     KEYBOARD Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition     MOUSE Razer Naga 2012     MONITOR LG IPS237 23" LED-IPS      AUDIO Xenon 2.1 Surround Sound System

BIOS setting? Are there any other cards in the other PCIE slots?  Also which PCIE slot are you using? Top-most?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

BIOS setting? Are there any other cards in the other PCIE slots?  Also which PCIE slot are you using? Top-most?

There are no other cards installed on any pcie slots other than the graphics card and, it's on the top-most slot.

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG

CPU Intel Core i5-2500k     GPU Nvidia GTX 560     RAM Corsair Vengeance LP (2x4gb)     MOBO ASUS p8z68m-PRO     HDD/SSD WD Caviar Blue 1tb/OCZ Vertex 3 60gb

PSU Cooler Master GX 550w     CASE CM Storm Scout II     KEYBOARD Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition     MOUSE Razer Naga 2012     MONITOR LG IPS237 23" LED-IPS      AUDIO Xenon 2.1 Surround Sound System

There are two PCI-E slots on that motherboard. One is Blue and one is Black. Make sure it is installed in the Blue one. 

If you have it installed in the Blue one already, try updating the Bios on the motherboard:

I've tried updating the bios and it worked! Now the card is running at full x16 and I've managed to squeezed couple of fps more on my games! Thanks bro :)

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG