Potential heat problem.

dan09

Hey guys,

I currently have a HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF PC.

I would like to upgrade/install a graphics card, I have seen a few around but I'm still looking at the moment.

The problem that might arise is when I install a graphics card is the amount of heat being produced,

The small form factor pc doesn't really (from what I can see) have an acquainted air flow, to the system if I choose to upgraded the pc.

Just wondering what your thoughts are, and any suggestions would be appreciated.

​Thanks

Just make sure you have a good air flow inside your case and you will be alright.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Kind of hit and miss. If you end up getting a SFF video card to begin with, they usually are not your top of the line beasts that generate a lot of heat. With the computer, you also probably don't have the optional PCI-E power connector right? Get a card that doesn't require one - should be pretty safe with it not getting to hot. Optionally, look for one of the cards that has a fan on it as well to help...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Kind of hit and miss. If you end up getting a SFF video card to begin with' date=' they usually are not your top of the line beasts that generate a lot of heat. [/quote']

Is it recommended to get a SFF video card or just an average one, I want a semi-decent card that can preform well but I'm just of the heat element. And no the SFF pc does not have a PCI-E power connector.