Memory for a ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87

Go to solution Solved by gts250ftw,

if you are running memory on a dual channel board then get 2 16gb kits for dual channel...the timings may be different...but i think there is a feature (xmp) that automatically adjusts everything and since its corsair memory i think it should have that feature but i may be totally wrong!!!

also idk whats better cl7-cl11?

Hey guys,

So i was talking with a friend who is building a new multipurpus rig (gaming, 3d works, movie rending etc) and he told me he was told by his local computer store that a Asus Sabertooth z87 would fully not support the  Corsair 32GB (4x 8192MB) CL10 1866Mhz Vengeance Quad Channel kit he wanted for his rig, and that any 32GB 1600Mhz+ would only run in 1333 Mhz coz it dose not have a z79 chip in it?

So is it true you can not run 32GB ram on a Sabertooth z87 higher then 1333 Mhz?

You can run it.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

if you are running memory on a dual channel board then get 2 16gb kits for dual channel...the timings may be different...but i think there is a feature (xmp) that automatically adjusts everything and since its corsair memory i think it should have that feature but i may be totally wrong!!!

also idk whats better cl7-cl11?