[Help Needed] Is there a way to stop DHT blocking?

Icaras

I use torrenting to share files between my friends and family and all of a sudden my ISP has blocked DHT so no torrents start.

Is there a way of dealing with this?

I use torrenting to share files between my friends and family and all of a sudden my ISP has blocked DHT so no torrents start.

Is there a way of dealing with this?

You dont need DHT to use torrents. Set up a tracker for you and your friends. There are hundreds of PHP tracker implementations on Github.

No need for a VPN or anything either.

VPN or Socks proxy, I can help you, PM me.

Your Member Title should be Mr. Private Access :D

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I just gave you my PIA account because I don't use it, I had an extra 15 IP's allocated to my Netherlands box, so I just give out socks proxies I host or if needed I can host a OpenVPN instance for people who need it.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

You dont need DHT to use torrents. Set up a tracker for you and your friends. There are hundreds of PHP tracker implementations on Github.

No need for a VPN or anything either.

I gave you a PM @Gofspar

and I think I do, they've blocked the downloading of .torrents as well so I assume there are other methods in place.

I just gave you my PIA account because I don't use it, I had an extra 15 IP's allocated to my Netherlands box, so I just give out socks proxies I host.

There is no need for a VPN to solve OPs problem.

Are you trying to imply that VPN accounts supplied by the major/popular VPN vendors are safe havens for people that care about their privacy?

I gave you a PM @Gofspar

and I think I do, they've blocked the downloading of .torrents as well so I assume there are other methods in place.

Rename it .txt.

There are numerous protocols and methods surrounding bitorrent. I would be extremely supprised if it is actually completely blocked/throttled.

Rename it .txt.

There are numerous protocols and methods surrounding bitorrent. I would be extremely supprised if it is actually completely blocked/throttled.

I was pretty skeptical at first, but seeing as it's university internet; I'm a lot more open to believe that it's the case. Regardless of .torrent files (I only really use magnet) if I open them, they just sit there and don't start. I tried pretty extensively to google a solution and tried a few concepts that just didn't work.

I was pretty skeptical at first, but seeing as it's university internet; I'm a lot more open to believe that it's the case. Regardless of .torrent files (I only really use magnet) if I open them, they just sit there and don't start. I tried pretty extensively to google a solution and tried a few concepts that just didn't work.

Oh. I thought you meant your actual ISP has done it rather than it being on a university or workplace network.

A VPN is probably the best way to go if its on a campus network. I would strongly recommend setting up your own OpenVPN server and using that over any of the major providers.

Oh. I thought you meant your actual ISP has done it rather than it being on a university or workplace network.

A VPN is probably the best way to go if its on a campus network. I would strongly recommend setting up your own OpenVPN server and using that over any of the major providers.

Sorry to confuse, my ISP is my University.

I'm not too concerned about privacy, I don't plan on doing anything that breaks the rules; or not often anyway, I'm just so used to being able to use this service that I feel kind of gimped without it.