How is the Xigmatek Dark Knight SD1283 Night Hawk compared to the CoolerMaster Hyper 212X

Daniel91

I was looking at both coolers for a SGD$800.00 AMD build and I saw the night hawk was $20.00 cheaper then the hyper 212X (SGD$80.00), I asked the shopkeeper and what he said was "don't expect too much, it's just a modrate cooler"

I tend not to believe shopkeepers too much  so I'm hoping you guys can help with the review, I can't find any vid with any reviews that has it's perfomance data

I know how well the Hyper 212X is but I was thinking I could save some money if it performs just as well

It definitely performs better than the 212 (not ground breakingly better but still definitely better) it also looks WAYYYYYYYY FUCKING COOLER. Too some up my post, yes definitely get it over the 212.

@Daniel91

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

It definitely performs better than the 212 (not ground breakingly better but still definitely better) it also looks WAYYYYYYYY FUCKING COOLER. Too some up my post, yes definitely get it over the 212.

@Daniel91

there are 3 versions which is better? RAW,White or Black

The night hawk is specifically the black one, which is the only one I'm familiar with. The others may perform the same but they are definitely called something else.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Black is the default one. White is the frostburn. Not so sure about raw

Black is the default one. White is the frostburn. Not so sure about raw

oo thanks

the raw you referring to is the dark knight 1 which has aluminum fins.