Low GPU load after installing 344.75

Doughnutnator

Hi! I installed the new Nvidia Drivers, I updated from 344.60 to 344.75 because I need them for Far Cry 4. I also have Far Cry 3, and with 344.60 everything was fine, good performance and stuff. But now everything is laggy. Dropping from 60 to 45FPS.

Here's a screenshot of the GPU load, thanks to Afterburner:

350tlhi.png

My GPU is a GTX 970 and my CPU is an i5 4570, so I think that there's no bottlenecks.

What I should do? Reinstall drivers? If I have to resintall drivers tell me HOW please, Driver Sweeper screwed my PC and I had to reinstall Windows. I know how to manually remove the files and registry keys, but i know that it's not good to mess up with registry stuff, so to update I just ran the Nvidia installer, just as nvidia recommends.

What I should do?

Thanks in advance :D

I would first reinstall the last driver you knew worked. You can do so by going to the nvidia website.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/79099/en-us

There is a link to nvidia's website for the whql driver version 344.60    If you have any other issues just let us know. I personally don't like using programs to keep my drivers up to date besides the control panels that come with said hardware, for instance the geforce experience control panel can be used to check for latest updates. I did however have a hard time updating to the 344.75 properly, I had to manually uninstall the driver and delete the nvidia folder and then download the latest from their website and it worked that way. Try doing that if you want to use the latest, imo it's worth the little bit of work because of the features that were officially released and supported this last patch.

I would first reinstall the last driver you knew worked. You can do so by going to the nvidia website.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/79099/en-us

There is a link to nvidia's website for the whql driver version 344.60    If you have any other issues just let us know. I personally don't like using programs to keep my drivers up to date besides the control panels that come with said hardware, for instance the geforce experience control panel can be used to check for latest updates. I did however have a hard time updating to the 344.75 properly, I had to manually uninstall the driver and delete the nvidia folder and then download the latest from their website and it worked that way. Try doing that if you want to use the latest, imo it's worth the little bit of work because of the features that were officially released and supported this last patch.

Reinstalled 344.75, nope, the Far Cry 3 problems still happens, just a little bit less. Now instead of use 60% of GPU is using 70%.

Nope, the game is at Ultra.

Then yeah something is wrong. 

Go here http://www.geforce.com/drivers Manual Search

Download the 970 driver, then when it tells you to do express install or custom install pick custom.

After you click custom install it will show you everything being installed. In that menu you should see "Clean Install" box. Check that then proceed to install.

After install is complete restart the computer  for good measure and see if that fixes it. 

What this does is removes all previous drivers so its a fresh install of the new drivers. 

I updated to 344.75 - had a crash to desktop in league of legends :-S NEVER before has this happened... also getting microstutters in farcry4 (I have a single card)

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

Then yeah something is wrong. 

Go here http://www.geforce.com/drivers Manual Search

Download the 970 driver, then when it tells you to do express install or custom install pick custom.

After you click custom install it will show you everything being installed. In that menu you should see "Clean Install" box. Check that then proceed to install.

After install is complete restart the computer  for good measure and see if that fixes it. 

What this does is removes all previous drivers so its a fresh install of the new drivers. 

Did the clean install with the 344.75 driver. Still nothing. I'm tired of this, I'm having issues with Nvidia Drivers since I changed from a 760 to a 970. I had an issue 3 weeks before with nvidia drivers and I had to reinstall Windows. Installed 344.60, everythign was fine, I just updated to 344.75 and I get this. I'm following every single step. I'm not using driver sweeper, i'm not modding my card, I even uninstall MSI Afterburner before any update. I'm tired of this, I thought that Nvidia was the king of GPU drivers.

And before you call me an idiot (because some people may think that i'm one) I follow this guide when I have to uninstall a driver.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers

It's legit and it has worked for a lot of people.

I updated to 344.75 - had a crash to desktop in league of legends :-S NEVER before has this happened... also getting microstutters in farcry4 (I have a single card)

At least i'm not the only one. Lately Nvidia is screwing up drivers (since 344.60 a lot of people are having issues).

Both Nvidia and Amd goes through these, they actually seem to take turns. As soon as one starts doing fine the other tanks and it's just like a song on repeat, over and over again. If 344.60 was working for you then I really don't see the issue with staying with that driver, at least until the next one is released after 344.75 unless you absolutely HAVE to have it to play far cry 4.

Just out of curiosity, I know you have an I5 4570 and while that is a good cpu monitor your usage on afterburner since you already have it installed and look for high usage as well as your memory. Is it only far cry 4 doing this to you? Try using another game to see how it affects it. Also if you are using a normal hdd then is your system running slow all around? I experienced a dying hdd that DRASTICALLY slowed down until the point it died. I didn't take it as a sign that it was dying and just kept going, lost alot of important stuff from that.

Both Nvidia and Amd goes through these, they actually seem to take turns. As soon as one starts doing fine the other tanks and it's just like a song on repeat, over and over again. If 344.60 was working for you then I really don't see the issue with staying with that driver, at least until the next one is released after 344.75 unless you absolutely HAVE to have it to play far cry 4.

Just out of curiosity, I know you have an I5 4570 and while that is a good cpu monitor your usage on afterburner since you already have it installed and look for high usage as well as your memory. Is it only far cry 4 doing this to you? Try using another game to see how it affects it. Also if you are using a normal hdd then is your system running slow all around? I experienced a dying hdd that DRASTICALLY slowed down until the point it died. I didn't take it as a sign that it was dying and just kept going, lost alot of important stuff from that.

It's in Far Cry 3, there's no CPU bottleneck, at least in Far Cry, CPU is sitting at 50-60%. my HDD seems to be fine, it's just 2-3 months old and my PC boots up fast, like in 20-30 seconds so that's a good sign.

This issue appeared when i updated to 344.75, I will go back to 344.60 and see what happens. 

That seems to be the best choice of action as of right now. Definitely keep us posted whether or not this works.

That seems to be the best choice of action as of right now. Definitely keep us posted whether or not this works.

That's sarcasm? :P

Not at all. Sorry if it came across that way. Definitely let me know if reverting the driver works.

Not at all. Sorry if it came across that way. Definitely let me know if reverting the driver works.

Nope, i'm tired, and i'm not going to reinstall Windows again. i reinstalled 344.60 and i'm still getting poor performance in Far Cry 3, when I installed 344.60 for the first time it worked flawlessly