dual r9 270

thorbrantly

so i have a single msi r9 270 and it preforms amazingly and im mostly happy i can play most games at ultra at 1440p and not have any issues. (note: i don't typically break 50 fps even at medium graphics) now i have a little more money and i want to upgrade. i could crossfire another 270 but im worried about over heating if i dont buy the correct brand. any ideas? or mabey i should just wait till the new series of gpu's comes out after xmass to upgrade.

so i have a single msi r9 270 and it preforms amazingly and im mostly happy i can play most games at ultra at 1440p and not have any issues. (note: i don't typically break 50 fps even at medium graphics) now i have a little more money and i want to upgrade. i could crossfire another 270 but im worried about over heating if i dont buy the correct brand. any ideas? or mabey i should just wait till the new series of gpu's comes out after xmass to upgrade.

I would get another one. 2xx cards are really cheap right now. What temps does your 270 run at right now?

I don't see any major problems with adding another 270, just as long as your case has adequate cooling/airflow.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

They will not overheat if you can leave some space between them.As for the card gigabyte and Sapphire have pretty damn good coolers.If you have 3 slots use the first and the last one.Also if you can please tell us the mb

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.