800$ pc overview

Arty

Looks great, the only thing I will do is add an SSD (Crucial MX100 128 or 256GB)

I'm pretty sure that that CPU will bottleneck the crap out of that GPU, but i'm not sure.i'm just a taco

A wise man once told me that if you are spending more on a motherboard than your CPU something is wrong.

it was obama

wow, thats a lot of bees!

I'm pretty sure that that CPU will bottleneck the crap out of that GPU, but i'm not sure.i'm just a taco

even with over clock?

you could fit a locked i5 with a gtx 970 or maybe a 290 into that budget.  I'll make a build for you in an hour or two

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

you could fit a locked i5 with a gtx 970 or maybe a 290 into that budget.  I'll make a build for you in an hour or two

you don't have to, but if you do with 970, :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/T4wbcf (Build Rev 2.0)

I'd get something like this. You can cut back on the chassis and SSD if you need to lower the price further. The air 240, 350d or xigmatek aquila are also good chassis options. It really depends on your taste. You can always grab an aftermarket heatsink or CLC down the road when you have some more cash (I'd get the CM 120V or CM 212 Evo).

Those "gaming" motherboards really aren't worth it other than for looks. If you must get a "gaming" motherboard Gigabyte and MSI have some nice Z97 and H97 options but I would not recommend skimping on other parts to be able to get one. The motherboard+CPU I've selected will beat out anything at that price point including the FX 6300 and 860K for gaming and almost everything else.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CPfLf7

I'd get something like this. You can cut back on the chassis and SSD if you need to lower the price further.

This is a good build and I can vouch for the 4460 as it is what I use in my own system. Friends use the FX 6300 and it is also a solid processor and comes in at a lower price and you wont see a massive drop in performance while gaming using it so you could save a few bucks and put that towards more storage if you need it or save it for a rainy day. However I would recommend taking some money and puting it into better cooling because the stock is terrible and noisy with the 6300 and you can definitely benefit form extra cooling headroom. I have the 4460 and get a maximum load temperature of 48 degrees C, but my friend using the 6300 hits 64 degrees C with a 212 evo (at 4.4GHz mind you)

[that temperature may be partly because he is a scrub and put on too much thermal paste]

Edited by GeoffreyPope

Our father, who AWPs in heaven, CS be thy game. Uncase begun, them skins be won, covert - and not mil-spec. Give us this day a StatTrak Knife, and forgive us when we rage quit, as we forgive those who aimbot against us, and lead us not into scamnation but undeliverus a battlescared. GabeN

you don't have to, but if you do with 970, :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CPfLf7

I'd get something like this. 

This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking.  the ssd and i5 will be a lot nicer than just the hdd and athlon

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

This is a good build and I can vouch for the 4460 as it is what I use in my own system. Friends use the FX 6300 and it is also a solid processor and comes in at a lower price and you wont see a massive drop in performance while gaming using it so you could save a few bucks and put that towards more storage if you need it or save it for a rainy day. However I would recommend taking some money and puting it into better cooling because the stock is terrible and noisy with the 6300 and you can definitely benefit form extra cooling headroom. I have the 4460 and get a maximum load temperature of 48 degrees C, but my friend using the 6300 hits 64 degrees C with a 212 evo (at 4.4GHz mind you)

[that temperature may be partly because he is a scrub and put on too much thermal paste]

The stock is adequate for beginning- it's not like you're going to be overclocking it. You can always throw in an aftermarket heatsink or a CLC (like the CM Seidon 120V thats on for $30). I would NOT downgrade CPU for more storage or a cooling because you can always add storage and cooling in down the road but a new CPU will also mean a new mobo (unless you get an expensive one) and potentially new RAM.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Haha did you watch JayzTwoCents video looks very similar?

Yes ;)