question about audio playback software

Go to solution Solved by h264,

There are skins and plugins you can download for foobar to make it look less blah.  The autotagging functionality is godly.

HydrogenAudio's foobar2000 forum is the best source for scripting and skinning it.

If you're not into hacking your audio player's interface together, you can get most of the functionality by simply installing columnsUI and using one of the default styles.

If that's all too confusing for you, it's based off winamp, so you can just use that too.

hey guys i was just wondering what programs are the best for audio play back, like for listening to music and watching movie's if thats possible. i have the asus phoebus sound card and would like to get the best sound out of it possible. right now i dont have a great set of headphones but i will very soon(the Sennheiser HD 558's hopefully). i would like to see if there are better programs out there better than windows media.

Foobar2000 for music

Media player classic homecinema for movies

Mplayer in Linux

Art least that's what I use

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

thats the second time today ive heard of foobar so i just downloaded it. thanks bud.

Foobar2000 for music

Media player classic homecinema for movies

Mplayer in Linux

Art least that's what I use

There are skins and plugins you can download for foobar to make it look less blah.  The autotagging functionality is godly.

HydrogenAudio's foobar2000 forum is the best source for scripting and skinning it.

If you're not into hacking your audio player's interface together, you can get most of the functionality by simply installing columnsUI and using one of the default styles.

If that's all too confusing for you, it's based off winamp, so you can just use that too.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

There are skins and plugins you can download for foobar to make it look less blah. The autotagging functionality is godly.

THat sounds awesome man! Ill check it out as soon as I get some time off from work.

no deadbeef with direct to hardware audio?

I forgot about deadbeef.  It was a terrible pre-alpha with no features the last I saw of it.