Xbox 360 Case Mod

Hi all,

Now, I know that everyone is probably going to scream at me, but I was just wondering whether any of you guys could give me ideas for a custom Xbox 360 Case Mod.

I would really like to make a new case for my Xbox 360 as it is in drastic need of one... As you can see in this photo...

My Xbox At the Moment...

Because of this, I would greatly appreciate help with ideas or programs I could use to design a new case, and hint and tips on the building and assembly of the case.

I do not want anything too tricky and too expensive, I'm setting myself the budget of around £50 for materials and tools, which I imagine would be more than enough.

So, yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated and please do not shout at me for mentioning Xbox... I'm in the middle of designing a gaming pc if that makes things better...

Also, any other modifications to the Xbox 360 Console itself would be cool to find out about. I have heard about changing the optical drive for a smaller one would save space and adding custom heatsinks and fans, but apart from that, I don't know... Anyway, I'm going to stop talking now... Bye :P

[CPU] AMD Athlon II X3 425 OC'd @ 3.3Ghz [MOBO] MSI 990XA-GD55 AM3+ [RAM] Corsair XMS3 8gb 1999Mhz [GPU]Asus Radeon HD 7770 2gb [CASE]Zalman Z11 Plus[storage]WD 1tb Intel 530 Series 120gb SSD[PSU]Corsair CX500W Modular PSU[Keyboard] Microsoft Sidewinder X4[Headphones]Steel Series Siberias Republic of Gamers

Here are some ideas!

Thanks yeah, not sure whether to buy a new faceplate and mod that or make my own case...

[CPU] AMD Athlon II X3 425 OC'd @ 3.3Ghz [MOBO] MSI 990XA-GD55 AM3+ [RAM] Corsair XMS3 8gb 1999Mhz [GPU]Asus Radeon HD 7770 2gb [CASE]Zalman Z11 Plus[storage]WD 1tb Intel 530 Series 120gb SSD[PSU]Corsair CX500W Modular PSU[Keyboard] Microsoft Sidewinder X4[Headphones]Steel Series Siberias Republic of Gamers

The answer is simple... Go PC

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

The answer is simple... Go PC

The answer is simple... Read the description and see that I said I am going PC but this is just a little side quest on the journey to pc (if you get what I mean...).

oh oh oh i have an idea buy a broken ps3 case and put the xbox in there 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Maybe look at the Xclap mod and also take a look at the after market fans i had one on my also fat 360 and it was a lot cooler and quieter. You also could take a look at the clear cases they are nice.

i put mine in a dead dell optiplex 745 case and put the old xbox psu in it! its all in there and looks pretty good to! pm me if you have questions 

i put mine in a dead dell optiplex 745 case and put the old xbox psu in it! its all in there and looks pretty good to! pm me if you have questions

Well, I don't have a dead dell case... power supply..? The big brick thing right?

okay, so far, I've bought a couple of sets of faceplates for the case that I will be spraying, so give me suggestions for colour schemes. Also, I have bought a 120mm fan that I will hook up to the motherboard somehow, please tell me how... Thinking about putting a window in and modifying the disc drive so that you can see the disc spinning.

Well, I don't have a dead dell case... power supply..? The big brick thing right?

yep!