Dedicated Black Friday Deals

elkenrod

Greetings.

It's upon us once again.  I anticipate users on the forum discovering a cavalcade of "deals" during or around Black Friday.  I'd like us to be able to consolidate the deals in a single thread.  If we have one thread it will be much easier for us to take advantage of the savings that are being offered just for the week ending 11/29 or 29/11 depending on how you format dates.

I propose a thread with a first post that has a full listing of retailers, skus, prices, and effective dates.  Users can post deals that they find and the first post of the thread can be updated.  A mod can sticky said thread so that we can use it as a one-stop-shop for deals.

Thoughts?

Very good idea.

Make sure you have categories for US / CA / UK / EU / Aus though :) us non-Americans still have black friday deals.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

gtx 770 please go on sale. PLEASEEEE

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

gtx 770 please go on sale. PLEASEEEE

Their like 300 at my local Best Buy, but it's the Nvidia reference model.

I saw a 120GB PNY Optima SSD on Best Buy's ad for 50 dollars. 50 FREAKING DOLLARS.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I saw a 120GB PNY Optima SSD on Best Buy's ad for 50 dollars. 50 FREAKING DOLLARS.

I saw a G502 with a 50 dollar Steam card for 80 bucks........

Thats exactly what im looking for!

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Very good idea.

Make sure you have categories for US / CA / UK / EU / Aus though :) us non-Americans still have black friday deals.

You bring up a good point regarding region.  It might be a bit easier to focus exclusively on Online deals.  In this way we can do: Website, sku, price, date formatting.  Brick and Mortar shops should be excluded, and could just be posted in individual threads as normal. 

my local bestbuy only carrys 740 and below. 610 620 730 etc nothing "mid range"

They also carry 760s too in my local Best Buy.

They also carry 760s too in my local Best Buy.

mine only carrys shitty low end cards pretty much. i have never seen any x60 or higher cards

Greetings.

It's upon us once again.  I anticipate users on the forum discovering a cavalcade of "deals" during or around Black Friday.  I'd like us to be able to consolidate the deals in a single thread.  If we have one thread it will be much easier for us to take advantage of the savings that are being offered just for the week ending 11/29 or 29/11 depending on how you format dates.

I propose a thread with a first post that has a full listing of retailers, skus, prices, and effective dates.  Users can post deals that they find and the first post of the thread can be updated.  A mod can sticky said thread so that we can use it as a one-stop-shop for deals.

Thoughts?

better yet, they can have change it at various times of the year to the different sales.. (boxing day, summer sale, spring sale, etc)

My local Best Buy was carrying an R9 270x with a $250 price tag. I nearly shit when I saw it: a 4GB AMD branded XFX Double Dissipation R9 270x

4894002_sa.jpg