across house ethernet?

I'm planning on building a pc, and I want it connected via ethernet. But, my router is downstairs whereas my pc is upstairs. Any suggestions?

Run cables under the floor across the house up a wall through the attic to your room, at least that's what I did for my room and the room next to mine...

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Just hire an electrician and have him do the wiring through the walls and up to an outlet on the second floor. Alternatively you could do it yourself, as it really isn't that hard. Although if you have literally no education in the electrical field, you could, worst case cenario, fry your network card.

Sorry if my post offended your entire family, but I get kind of defensive when I'm high...

alright, thanks guys, although i wish there were a more elegant system, 

Drill through all of the things... One's house should adapt to cater for one's technology and infrastructure not the other way around!

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

just wire Ethernet right into your walls or bring the router upstairs

What do you mean by Elegant? 

~FRED

I had a simmiler problem all I did was make a hole in the roof, (big enough to fit the Ethernet connector through) then got an Ethernet cable made up that's long enough to reach my room, plugged one end into the router put the other end into the roof taping it to the roof supports to keep it away from power cable to avoid interference then put it through the hole in my closet and under the closet door and into my PC

Processor:Intel i7 5930k,     Motherboard:Gigabyte X99-UD4,     RAM:32GB ddr4,     GPU:2x GTX 770 SC,     Case:Corsair 780t,     Storage:2TB hard drive, 120GB SSD, 1GB external hard drive,

Power supply:cooler master v750 semi-modular,     Monitors:2x Philips 23" 1920x1080,     Cooling:XSPC raystorm water cooled CPU, 6 coolermaster jetflo 120mm fans.