Youtube Buffering Issues

Cs342

I have been having some issues with Youtube lately:

When a video is paused it does not buffer.

When I skip forward to a part of the video that has already prebuffered, the whole video stops and has to be rebuffered from that point.

When I skip backwards the same thing happens.

Does anyone else have these issues?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

It happens to me sometimes, havent found a fix yet :(

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

It's been happening to me too for quite some time now. I've googled around a bit to see how widespread the issue is and it seems that it might be Google/Youtube's way of saving bandwidth and might potentially become the new standard way to watch/buffer videos. Some videos buffer fully like you want them to while some don't. I've read a potential solution (no guarantee it will work for you) is to clear your cookies and cache for youtube, for some this works but it didn't work for me.

For me personally i hate the fact that you can't buffer more than about 30 seconds of video, i have very little download quota and i'm watching at eye-cancer inducing 240p (sometimes 144p) and i do ocassionally skip forward/back in the video and the fact i need to reload what's already prebuffered is just nullifying my efforts to reduce download usage! :(

Some people have suggested to just "download" the youtube video and watch it offline to solve the problem and it works, but some argue it ruins the "Youtube experience" with the comments and liking and such. So really its up to you whether you download for offline viewing. I personally do it for videos longer than 20mins (sometimes the flash player crashes and i lose the entire buffered video!) but not all the time, its only when i need to go away for a bit.

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

Got any Chrome/Firefox extensions that may be causing the problem? 

Same here. It's just YouTube being a scumbag and saving bandwidth. YouTube especially seems to hate me as well, before I could watch 1080p videos no problem, now sometimes I can't even watch 480p videos without buffering.

Same here. It's just YouTube being a scumbag and saving bandwidth. YouTube especially seems to hate me as well, before I could watch 1080p videos no problem, now sometimes I can't even watch 480p videos without buffering.

Man...how i wish i could watch a video even in 480...every now and then i splurge and watch something in 720p and my god do things look amazing O_O

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

i have the same problems plus sometimes it will buffer very slowly for a few minutes causing the video to stop but then it shoots forward loading almost all of the video.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I find Chrome is the problem, with IE, yes that thing, and Firefox it's alright.

did you try unplugging and re-plugging your power cord to your computer? try that
If it doesn't work, you're f*cked

I haven't had buffering issues for a while,but when I did I used this free online proxy and it usually fixed the buffering issues.

http://www.proxfree.com/youtube-proxy.php

just put the youtube url into the address bar thing.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Just use Firefox and grab a Youtube video downloader and play in it in something like Media player classic.

This is the one I use

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1-click-youtube-video-download/?src=userprofile

It will add a simple 1 click download button under the video and you can choose which resolution you want.

Just use Firefox and grab a Youtube video downloader and play in it in something like Media player classic.

This is the one I use

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1-click-youtube-video-download/?src=userprofile

It will add a simple 1 click download button under the video and you can choose which resolution you want.

Why would I want to download every single one of LInus' videos? Imagine if I did that for his Computex coverage

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Its happening to me as I type.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Happens to me pretty much all the time. I thought it was a youtube thing?

It happens to me as well. I think YouTube changed their buffering settings to save bandwidth, and they also started the thing where if you click 1080p, it will stay at 480p for awhile until it gets enough to buffer at 1080p. It's quite annoying!