If you had to pick a pre built?

blaine green
Go to solution Solved by BroKenFingers,

Can I just say that it would still be better to build your own system..with a budget between 2000 -2500..you could build a very nice interim system..that will remain viable even after your dream system has been built.

Just my thoughts..if I had to..I would not choose either..Sorry. Good luck  :) Let us know what you did ...

Hello, let me start off by saying my bad if this is not being posted in the right section :/ I'm saving up money to build my dream PC and wanted to buy a pre built one from a local store in the mean time while I get my funds correct. I was wondering  which one of these two in anyone's opinion would be better overall for gaming (online mostly, no streaming.recording or video editing).

http://www.staples.ca/en/CyberPowerPC-Fang-III-Desktop-32GHz-Intel-Core-i7-3930K-16GB-RAM-2TB/product_162543_2-CA_1_20001 

vs      

http://www.staples.ca/en/ASUS-Desktop-39GHz-Intel-Core-i7-3770K-16GB-RAM-3TB-HDD-128/product_100691_2-CA_1_20001?externalize=certona

or would you think a cheaper one would suffice? like perhaps http://www.staples.ca/en/CyberPowerPC-Gamer-Xtreme-Desktop-34GHz-Intel-Core-i5-3570K-8GB-RAM-2TB/product_156250_2-CA_1_20001

Sorry in advance if anything on this post does not meet posting rules/requirements, first time poster, thanks.

The links aren't letting me see the products.

What's your budget? For gaming, it's probably better to make your own anyway.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Can I just say that it would still be better to build your own system..with a budget between 2000 -2500..you could build a very nice interim system..that will remain viable even after your dream system has been built.

Just my thoughts..if I had to..I would not choose either..Sorry. Good luck  :) Let us know what you did ...

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Thank you guys, I have decided to take your advice and go wth a custom build, I went for my dream pc (go big or go home right?) which for me, happens to be something like this.

dual sli gtx 780s(air cooled, probably gigabyte)

i7 3930k

32 gig g.skill ripjaws ram

Asus rampage extreme iv (motherboard)

corsair ax 1200i (1200w digital psu, platinum)

h100i liquid cooling

3tb hdd

two 250g ssd

OS - windows 8

Will be overclocking of course

I understand this is not everyone's dream build, but here she is. Again, thank you for the advice, take care.

That is an absolute monster! of a build! Although I have to ask, why do you need a 3930k? Something like an i7 3770k (or a 4770k if you want to go with Haswell) would offer better gaming performance, for a much cheaper price. 32 GB of RAM is also kind of useless, unless you plan on doing ridiculous amounts of video editing/photo editing later on. 16GB would be more than enough. 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3 @ 1150 MHz core/6300 MHz memory | Motherboard: Some crap OEM H67 mATX board | RAM: 16GB Patriot G2 Series Division 4 @ 1333 MHz | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i | Mouse: CM Storm Inferno | Keyboard: crap OEM keyboard (Soon to be replaced with a CM Storm Quickfire TK) | Headphones: Audiotechnica ATH-M50's | Speakers: Corsair SP2500's

@Matman24 Thanks! I agree, I just wanted the extra 2 cores (useless for gaming I know as games in 2013 don't even push 4 cores) for some reason I think they may come in handy if I ever decide to do anything that benefiets multiple cores I will have 12 logical cpus instead of 8. (Sorry for typos! take care Matman24.)

Hello BroKenFingers, I had the NZXT phantom 820 picked out but I'm looking around and I think I may go with something else that provides the same amount of cooling but not totally 100% sure yet, the front case fan looks like it's not a standard fan and I would likely have to go to nzxt to order another one if I had to replace it (if they even produced them :/).

Hmmm...the fan does look "custom-ized"..but I think it will support any 200mm fans..have you had a look at the Switch 810..?

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Have you thought about the cooler master haf series in terms of cases? Obviously they have other gaming cases, maybe the cosmos series, there are some great cases out there if you have the budget.

OnePlus 6T