Nexus 6 Reviews Are Out - I Am Very Disappointed

So reviews are out for the Nexus 6 and since it now has a price tag of 650 dollars I was expecting high tier specs and features.

Main points that I've gathered.

Battery life is not good. In some scenarios the battery life might even be worse than the Nexus 5 (in most it is slightly better though).

Performance is just what you'd expect from the Snapdragon 805. No surprises there.

The camera doesn't seem to be anything special although I haven't seen proper comparisons against for example the Note 4. It's the same sensor as in the OnePlus One which is not bad, but due to software limitations the Nexus 6 can't shoot in anything higher than 30 FPS, the H.264 profile used is not that high quality, the OIS seems rather poor and the sound is mono. It does 4K though so there is that.

The display is bad (terrible maximum brightness, the display is horrendously oversaturated even compared to older SAMOLED phones). It's also pentile so if you take that into consideration when counting the PPI, it's actually lower than the Nexus 5's PPI. Less accurate colors, lower PPI, far worse brightness (and thus outdoor visibility).

Bottom line: The Note 4 is superior to the Nexus 6 in every single way except TouchJizz.

Good job fucking up your entire line of Nexus phones Google... It takes a lot of work to make something as good as the Nexus line as bad as it is right now.

What the hell were they thinking?

Sources:
Anandtech

GSMArena

Glad I picked up the oneplus one when I could. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

"Touchjizz"

lol wat

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

One Plus One is superior to all.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

From what I've heard there's a camera API available now that can really help with camera quality, see http://imgur.com/a/qQkkR#0 (source http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2joqyh/l_camera_dng_samples_from_nexus_5_and_what_you/)

Might be able help with some of the software limitations e.g. recording in 30fps.

Yeah that is true. The stock camera just sucks and I don't see any reason for why it wouldn't perform much better when looking at the hardware.

I am so excited for the new third party cameras using the new Camera2 API. If I can get a good camera app for my Galaxy S 4 running on Cyanogenmod then I will switch as soon as I possibly can. The camera app is the only thing keeping me on TouchWiz.

The possibility of a less shitty camera app does not really make the phone any better in my eyes though. I just don't get what went wrong at Google. They are removing two really popular devices (and one that I think desperately needed an upgrade) and replacing them with this crap.

If the Nexus 6 had been much cheaper than let's say the Note 4 then I would be okay with this, but for a 650 dollar device this is just flat out bad.