Htc one m8 problem

Zinqs

So I just got an htc one m8. Everything is working perfectly except for the messaging. I can send messages to people but people can't send messages to me.the people who try to send messages to me say it still says my phone is showing up as an iPhone which was my previous phone. Like I said. Everything else works. Like calling internet etc. Any suggestions let me know below. Thanks

-Zinqs [-] i7 4790k @ 4.6 ghz [-] 2x EVGA Gtx 980 SC [-] Asus Maximus VII Formula [-] 16gb Dominator Platinum [-] Corsair Obsidian 750d [-]

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zinqs/saved/#savedbuild_1641021

I did a similar switch from iPhone to M8 and had a similar issue.. What I would up doing was swapping my SIM card back into my iphone, turning off iMessage (which will force it to use standard SMS/MMS messages), using the iPhone for a few days (with iMessage still off), then swapping the SIM back to the M8..

I don't know if just turning off iMessage on the iPhone without swapping the SIM will work, though it might.. There's probably a better way to do this, but I did this and it seemed to work fine.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

So I just got an htc one m8. Everything is working perfectly except for the messaging. I can send messages to people but people can't send messages to me.the people who try to send messages to me say it still says my phone is showing up as an iPhone which was my previous phone. Like I said. Everything else works. Like calling internet etc. Any suggestions let me know below. Thanks

Deregister your number from iMessage.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

"Rawr XD"