Just Cause wont start.

A.D.A.M
Go to solution Solved by Potalien,

Hey, I think I may have found the solution check out this link: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2316322

Here's the fix:

"I believe "Failed to find Steam" happens because the game makes incorrect assumptions about the location of Steam, only looking in the default location for a 32-bit Windows machine:

C:\Program Files\steam

If you have 64-bit Windows or have chosen a custom location, the game will "fail to find Steam" because it's only looking in that location.

Users of 64-bit Windows have Steam located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\steam

The solution is to add your Steam location to your path. I would love to give thanks to the thread that showed me this solution but it took the mods a day to activate me, and I've lost the link.

Here's how to fix it -without- using copy protection disabling hacked .exe files:

1: Right-click on "Computer" (in XP it was called "My Computer") and click on Properties.

2: in Vista / 7, on the left click on "Advanced System Settings". On XP, Google search for how to change your system path, because I can't quite remember where things were in XP.

3: In the Advanced tab, you'll see a button for "Environment Variables". Click it.

4: In the upper section of that new window, you should see something like "User Variables for [your username]". Scroll through to find the one called "PATH".

5: Highlight the entry for "PATH" and click "Edit...".

6: You'll get a too-small text box that has a field on the top for "Variable Name" and a field under it for "Variable Value". Put your cursor into the "Variable Value" field and hit the [End] key so you know you're not inserting text in the middle of another entry. If you push the right arrow key it should not scroll.

7: Add a semicolon [;] to separate your new entry from the others. This is the key to the right of the 'L' key, without pressing Shift.

Correct -> ;

Incorrect -> :

8: Paste in the path to Steam, which for me on a default-install Windows 7 64 system is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

9: Press OK, and re-launch Steam so that it gets the new environment variables. (It might work without re-launching, but hey why not.)

10: Run the game normally!"

So i bought the game, downloaded it and ran it. There's a flash with the i assume loading screen and it throws me back to the desktop. I try to ALT TAB back and it said steam not found and directs me to the steampowered website. System in my sig 

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

> op "goddamnit this game won't start"

> me "i know why"

> op "Why?!"

> me "JUST CAUSE" 

-now for real helpful information-

What is the error message you're receiving exactly? "Failed to start?" Or is it just launching, going blank, and then closing?

//ccap

> op "goddamnit this game won't start"

> me "i know why"

> op "Why?!"

> me "JUST CAUSE" 

While that is pretty funny i'd appreciate some help

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

While that is pretty funny i'd appreciate some help

I thought you might, so I edited my first post with some inquiries. Is it actually opening then immediately closing? I had that same error a while ago with MW2. I'll look around and see if I can find my support ticket from steam, it was about a year ago so you'll have to give me a bit.

//ccap

Why won't Just Cause start?

Just cause. :P:D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I thought you might, so I edited my first post with some inquiries. Is it actually opening then immediately closing? I had that same error a while ago with MW2. I'll look around and see if I can find my support ticket from steam, it was about a year ago so you'll have to give me a bit.

The error was Steam cannot be found and it launches shows the game screen and minimises into desktop and the screen flashes occasionally. If you try to alt tab into it it gives the aforementioned error

I had a similar error with metro 2033 a while back. I can't remember how I fixed it but if you've got a good data speed and a data limit, its always worth just reinstalling it. Failing that I've found that uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics drivers and my current release of physx can help. I remember mass effect 2 had a problem where newer releases of physx caused the game to constantly crash during loading. Just some suggestions.

Hey, I think I may have found the solution check out this link: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2316322

Here's the fix:

"I believe "Failed to find Steam" happens because the game makes incorrect assumptions about the location of Steam, only looking in the default location for a 32-bit Windows machine:

C:\Program Files\steam

If you have 64-bit Windows or have chosen a custom location, the game will "fail to find Steam" because it's only looking in that location.

Users of 64-bit Windows have Steam located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\steam

The solution is to add your Steam location to your path. I would love to give thanks to the thread that showed me this solution but it took the mods a day to activate me, and I've lost the link.

Here's how to fix it -without- using copy protection disabling hacked .exe files:

1: Right-click on "Computer" (in XP it was called "My Computer") and click on Properties.

2: in Vista / 7, on the left click on "Advanced System Settings". On XP, Google search for how to change your system path, because I can't quite remember where things were in XP.

3: In the Advanced tab, you'll see a button for "Environment Variables". Click it.

4: In the upper section of that new window, you should see something like "User Variables for [your username]". Scroll through to find the one called "PATH".

5: Highlight the entry for "PATH" and click "Edit...".

6: You'll get a too-small text box that has a field on the top for "Variable Name" and a field under it for "Variable Value". Put your cursor into the "Variable Value" field and hit the [End] key so you know you're not inserting text in the middle of another entry. If you push the right arrow key it should not scroll.

7: Add a semicolon [;] to separate your new entry from the others. This is the key to the right of the 'L' key, without pressing Shift.

Correct -> ;

Incorrect -> :

8: Paste in the path to Steam, which for me on a default-install Windows 7 64 system is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

9: Press OK, and re-launch Steam so that it gets the new environment variables. (It might work without re-launching, but hey why not.)

10: Run the game normally!"

-snip-

Oh wow it worked thanks dude

No worries mate, enjoy your game. Maybe I'll see in on JC2 Multiplayer some time.

I bought the collection so maybe :P