How many people have you helped get into Tech/PC Gaming?

Timmy-P

Over the past year I've helped three friends of mine pick out parts for a PC so they can get into PC Gaming, though I'm sure it's nothing to brag about. Who thinks they've helped the most people convert to the PC Master Race? How many have you helped?

EDIT: On second thought... I think this is the wrong subforum. I think. My bad.

[witty signature]

I've been in the PCMasterRace sinve the dawn of time.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

for gaming maybe 3-4 guys , for tech close to 30+

Details separate people.

1 for more PC gaming, though he is still a PS3 gamer like me.

I have tried on another, now he just thinks i'm very negative for calling 30FPS bad. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Converted 1 to android from iOS

Converted 2 to PC from OSX

Converted 2 to PC from XBox

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Two... A grand total of everyone I've tried to convince, I'm that good!

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

I guess technically the rest of my family as I convinced them that a HTPC will make life easier. Its also good for gaming so my sister uses it when she wants to game and we all use it to watch TV, movies, music, photos and rendering. (My PC and the HTPC are the only computers in the house that were purchased after 2004). I also convinced my dad to get to an AOC U3477pqu after using a 1200 x 900 monitor for 15 years. (He was complaining about having no real estate and was considering a multi monitor setup until I introduced him to 21 : 9). He loves it and I'm now insanely jealous about how awesome it looks. Now I'm more or less the go to person for tech in my entire family. A bit irritating but I've managed to stop a few scams and impulse purchases so all good I guess.

Two people. Both asked me to build computers for them.

Haven't converted anyone though

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

• 1 month later...

I've converted four people. Yesterday I converted my rich friend. He had a $2k budget so we went wild. 

mTJY3rV.png

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I do not game very often, so none for gaming. For tech 10 or so.