Microphone Suggestions

Trekdar

I usually sit quite close to my computer and I currently have headset microphone (Plantronics 780 gamescom) ATM but I have been having complaints about my background fan noise. I have a water cooler H100i Corsair and 3 regular thermal take fans, any suggestions for a microphone that is good for this environment. I have tried to turn down the audio in the control panel and it has to be low enough where you cannot hear me for it not to pick up the fan noise really loud. I have also tried to reduce the fan speeds but it doesnt make too much of a difference. I also cannot just sit further away from my computer since its set up in a way where there inst enough space for it anywhere else and I dont have any wall ports anywhere.

I have been searching and I want a microphone which inst any higher than 150$. The blue yeti looks really appealing but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Blue Yeti is good. The cheaper version would be the Blue Snowball. Or you can get a modmic from antlion if you like one that you can just attach onto your headset. (though that may look weird).

I think getting an even better Mic such as Blue Snowball would worsen the problem. I have one and holy crap, unless it's 1-2 inch from your mouth and you drop the volume (in sound control panel) they will hear absolutely everything. (That was my experience)

The ModMic is a good idea as it can easily be place at the corner of your mouth which allows you to drop the volume on your mic and hopefully fixing your problem.

Do you have a "reduce fan noise" in your sound card options? Maybe that can help.

Otherwise, I guess you could buy super silent fans such as noctuas.

Im not sure if i actually have that option in my sound card