Saints Row 3 Graphical glitches and game freezing

MooseParade

It's a free play weekend on steam for Saints Row the Third so I downloaded while it's fun, it's very annoying. At random moments the audio mutes and then the game freezes. I returns to normal after 20-30 seconds as if nothing ever happened. It doesn't close, doesn't kick me back to the desktop, it just, stops and then starts working again. If I'm in a vehicle the vehicle disappears first then it freezes

Phenom II x4 965 BE @3.4

Asrock 970 Extreme3 

4gb DDR3 1333

GTX 650 Ti (320.18)

Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I'm playing at 1920x1080 on Ultra preset (it does it on all presets), temps are all in the norm. I ran the Steam Integrity check and the game is fine. I tried to take a screen pic when it froze but it captured the desktop instead.

I really like the game and was going to buy it for $10 (gotta love the summer sales) but not unless we can work this out.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Hi, I downloaded it too and I don't have an glitches, but I do have a black boarder around my screen, it's not off putting, I even forget about it after 5 mins but would be nice to have full screen.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Hi, I downloaded it too and I don't have an glitches, but I do have a black boarder around my screen, it's not off putting, I even forget about it after 5 mins but would be nice to have full screen.

Lucky you. I don't have a black border, full screen is full screen but this glitch happens every 5-7 minutes, kind of kills the flow of the game

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Saints preserve us.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Reinstalling the game is the only way to fix it. Or try switching back to the 320.14 Beta Drivers.

CPU - Intel Core i5-4440 @ 3.1GHz | MOBO - ASUS H97-PLUS | RAM - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz |

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Storage - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate HDD, 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD |

Chassis - Corsair 400R | PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W |

This game is horribly optimized for PC similar to how GTA IV is. I have all sorts of problems like low FPS, freezing, etc. I just gave up trying to play it.

played through it earlier this year, no issues for me on a GTX560 ran smoothly and no freezes or crashes

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Free weekend explains the high pop I saw for this game earlier...was wondering WTF? lol

Reinstalling the game is the only way to fix it. Or try switching back to the 320.14 Beta Drivers.

More like rolling back to the whql from march. All those betas and the newest whql are an embarrassment to Nvidia, and probably the biggest driver flop they've had in quite some time.

More like rolling back to the whql from march. All those betas and the newest whql are an embarrassment to Nvidia, and probably the biggest driver flop they've had in quite some time.

But "NVIDIA has better drivers!".

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

But "NVIDIA has better drivers!".

It's funny, because I switched over half a year ago mainly because the driver support, lol. I never win at this game.

Probably the 320.18 driver if your using that.

Roll it back.

Nvidia seems to be on a mission to compete with AMD on who can create the worst drivers ever.