Android 4.4 Kitkat Oppo Find 5 HELP

Go to solution Solved by s3ns3,

install super user if you don`t have it. you should have it since its rooted. try with clockworkmod recovery. some roms requires a specific clockwork version so find a cyanogenmod tutorial on like youtube etc. 

here are the stable versions for your phone http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?type=snapshot&device=find5

Hi, I have been running Cyanogenmod 11(CM11) 4.4.2 on my Find 5  a few months ago, but after a while, I went back to the stock ColorOS ROM because reasons.Now, everytime I try to install any 4.4 Kitkat based custom ROM using TWRP, the installation fails.I have tried installing a new Kernel for 4.4(which I have never used before for installing Kitkat and the installation went perfectly fine) and that still doesn't work for me.Also in some apps that require root access I am told that my device is not rooted, when in  fact I have rooted my phone...

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Also I would be glad if someone could link a tutorial on how to root the device because the method I found doesn't seem to be working, and a stable 4.4Kitkat ROM.Thank you!

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

install super user if you don`t have it. you should have it since its rooted. try with clockworkmod recovery. some roms requires a specific clockwork version so find a cyanogenmod tutorial on like youtube etc. 

here are the stable versions for your phone http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?type=snapshot&device=find5

I already have Superuser installed.I am now going to use this tutorial as a guide, is it any good?

Hi, I have been running Cyanogenmod 11(CM11) 4.4.2 on my Find 5  a few months ago, but after a while, I went back to the stock ColorOS ROM because reasons.Now, everytime I try to install any 4.4 Kitkat based custom ROM using TWRP, the installation fails.I have tried installing a new Kernel for 4.4(which I have never used before for installing Kitkat and the installation went perfectly fine) and that still doesn't work for me.Also in some apps that require root access I am told that my device is not rooted, when in  fact I have rooted my phone...

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Also I would be glad if someone could link a tutorial on how to root the device because the method I found doesn't seem to be working, and a stable 4.4Kitkat ROM.Thank you!

What error do you get in TWRP, if any?

Mini-ITX Build (unnamed)

Case: SilverStone SG07B-W Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-I CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K GPU: Integrated HD 3000 Cooler: Stock RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB (8GB) DDR3 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX600 Keyboard: Cheap Dell Keyboard (although has withstood 8 years of use) Mouse: Logitech G300 Headset: Logitech H110 OS: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) 

Phone: HTC One (m7) running ViperOne 8.0.0 (Android 5.0.2 Lollipop)

What error do you get in TWRP, if any?

It said "Install failed" or "Installation fail", I was using TWRP 2.8.1.0 when the installation failed, but when I first installed Kitkat and it worked, I used TWRP 2.6.3, which is the version I just installed.Now I am waiting for the Gapps to download and try it out

UPDATE! It works! Finally booted up, going trough the process of setting it up now.Thanks for the help