New Build JULY/AUGUST

Hello everyone from the forum, i've been planning a build out for about 2/3 months, which i plan to assemble around the time of my birthday (hopefully giving me that last bit of money to top off my savings). However, I've kind of changed the parts list about 1000 times. So i figured i'd get some opinions of people on my part choice. So hear you go

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte z87x-ud4h.

RAM: 2x4gb Corsair vengance pro red, 2x4gb vengance pro grey

CPU: i5-4670k

GPU: EVGA GTX 780 ACX

SOUNDCARD: Asus xonar phoebus

SSD: Samsung 840 pro 256gb

HDD: WD caviar black 2tb

ODD: Asus blu-ray player (who ever really remembers the model number)

FAN CONTROLLER: Lamptron FC5 V2

CASE: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

PSU: Corsair AX860 (with the phase 2 red cables)

COOLER: Corsair H100i

Fans: AF140 for the case, SP120 for the h100i

Lastly, i am open for suggestions but I just want to justify two selections, the RAM and the MOBO. If you look at the end of this video:

where he has the silver and red on the ud4h, they just fit perfectly. Also, all my parts should follow a red, black and silver colour scheme.

well your build looks pretty high end...so i wont say to downgrade anything...but if i was building such an awesome system id put a 4770k in there...just because heh... but it may not make any sense to do so...but  why not? right xD just like the ram :D

also who knows ..they say games may tend to support 8 core cpus more...well the 4770k has "8 cores":

I don't think you need 860W for the power supply, Haswell has low power consumption...what is the aim for this system? If want to do rendering and recording in the future i recommend getting 16GB of ram and i suggest getting an i7 4770k, just because it fits with the 780 and games will take advantage of hyper-threading in the future.

well your build looks pretty high end...so i wont say to downgrade anything...but if i was building such an awesome system id put a 4770k in there...just because heh... but it may not make any sense to do so...but why not? right xD just like the ram :D

also who knows ..they say games may tend to support 8 core cpus more...well the 4770k has "8 cores":

I guess but sometimes its good to to remain slightly within the realms of sanity. My overall pricing is £2700 for the desktop, nice peripherals and i need a cheap laptop for sixth form. Those parts come to around £1700 on amazon. I also am looking at a £500 1440p viewsonic monitor, so i'm kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel with money availlable :(

I guess but sometimes its good to to remain slightly within the realms of sanity. My overall pricing is £2700 for the desktop, nice peripherals and i nead a cheap laptop for sixth form. Those parts come to around £1700 on amazon. I also am looking at a £500 1440p viewsonic monitor, so i'm kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel with money availlable :(

well stuff like the fan controller is that necessary? because you arent wcing really and doesnt that mobo support some really good fan control :D

also the h220 comes with a pwm pcb...soo you can basically control all your fans from 1 header

well stuff like the fan controller is that necessary? because you arent wcing really and doesnt that mobo support some really good fan control :D

also the h220 comes with a pwm pcb...soo you can basically control all your fans from 1 header

Hm I guess, i just like the idea of having an easy way to quickly adjust fans dependent on the current workload, but that might be a good place to start cutting costs 

Hm I guess, i just like the idea of having an easy way to quickly adjust fans dependent on the current workload, but that might be a good place to start cutting costs 

well i wouldnt have even bought fans since the case comes with some and the h220 :P xD...idk i guess im more of a performance first then other stuff later :P xD but that build is gunna be good no matter what :P....and are you gunna expand the h220 for the gpu in the future??

Well, I have ordered the parts having got the go ahead a bit early, and due to a few complications I have changed a few things:

1. With the RAM not really available in the UK yet, instead of waiting i got 16gb 2133mhz dominator gt ram, and a maximus vi Hero

2. no fan controller as of yet

3. 780 replaced with a 770 direct cuii as the 780 wont be shipped by amazon for a month or two