Corsair AF/SP fans?

ViruZ_HUN

Hi!

How are the Corsair AF140 and SP140 fans.

How good do the AF140 move air through the case?

How good is the Corsair SP140 at radiators?

/ViruZ

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Hi!

/ViruZ

As I only have experience with the AF140's I'll keep my opinion to those only.

They're not as quiet as I hoped hem to be, though I'm very happy with the product overall. Loving the colored rings/looks and it does it's job well.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

As I only have experience with the AF140's I'll keep my opinion to those only.

They're not as quiet as I hoped hem to be, though I'm very happy with the product overall. Loving the colored rings/looks and it does it's job well.

I have AF and SP in my case but all are the quite editions.

AF: since its the quite edidtion it is very quite at max speed which is about 1000RPM with my MB and they move a fai amount of air.

SP: i think is great for cases with restrictions like H440.

It will work better than an Af on a radiator but i have put Noctua on my radiator due to the SP not being completely square and the Noctua are and perform a little better.

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

My purple led AF140's seem to be just fine, at least compared next to my noctua 140's and cougar 120's, all running at max speed.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have wanted to buy some for my new case, people keep talking me out of it. They look really nice, but people keep telling me they are loud. I thought that the only difference between quiet edition and regular was the stock RPM they were shipped with, I don't think it has any special quiet features.

I'm still considering them for me new case, honestly I don't think anything could be louder than what I have now lol.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Hi!

/ViruZ

Okay and kinda terrible. SP120's have bad noise to performance ratios. AF140 QE's are okay.

Decent enough, louder than it needs to be though.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S