LG To Quadruple OLED Panels in... December?

Xeross

so, according to CNET. LG is set to produce 4x the amount of OLED Panels as of December.

This is a big stepping stone in the industry. As it will allow higher yields at lower costs. Even if they decide to keep production down, it should help bring costs down and bring more competition into the OLED panel industry. As currently they are the only ones producing a relatively large amount of OLED displays. At least for how expensive the industry is.

To me this is great news! It's not a whole lot (yet), but definitely good progress. Hopefully we will start seeing more streamlined displays based on OLED technology. (in the next 3-5yrs).

Source: http://www.cnet.com/news/lg-to-quadruple-oled-panel-production-in-december/

An ultimate lurker                My Current Rig

CPU- I5 3570K GPU- AMD HD7950 Motherboard- Asus P8H77-I Ram- 8GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo SSD- Samsung 256GB 850 Pro, 256GB OCZ Agility

Hard Drive- 2TB WD Green Power Supply- Silverstone 450W SFX Case- Bitfenix Prodigy Operating Systems- Windows 7/OSX Mavericks Monitor- HP Pavillion 23BW IPS 

Igzo Oled smart watches please...

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Yes! This is the monitor tech advancement that we need, not freaking 4K.

I just wish we could have 8k OLED monitors :( ONTO THE FUTURE!!!

CPU- I5 3570K GPU- AMD HD7950 Motherboard- Asus P8H77-I Ram- 8GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo SSD- Samsung 256GB 850 Pro, 256GB OCZ Agility

Hard Drive- 2TB WD Green Power Supply- Silverstone 450W SFX Case- Bitfenix Prodigy Operating Systems- Windows 7/OSX Mavericks Monitor- HP Pavillion 23BW IPS 

I just wish we could have 8k OLED monitors :( ONTO THE FUTURE!!!

ehh we need something to power it. And for text scaling to be fixed in windows.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Yes! This is the monitor tech advancement that we need, not freaking 4K.

I disagree; I want my desktop monitor to have 400 ppi like my Nexus 5. But then I want those high refresh rates, nice colours, and contrast.... damn it I want it all!

ehh we need something to power it. And for text scaling to be fixed in windows.

Well yes of course, but If the standard was 8K OLED displays, I'm sure the scaling would be fixed by then. Maybe not the graphics horsepower though.. Maybe in Volta architecture from nvidia? Hmmm...