nvidia kernel has stopped working.

iAsuno

help, i have a 680 and latest whql drivers. its says nvidia kernal something something has stopped while doing non demanding stuff. redownloading drivers and try to reinstall them. what could cause this?

Still getting the same error.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Can i use onboard graphics with a gpu installed?

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

is it the 320.18 drivers? because those screwed me and a lot of others over, although my issue isn't as severe. heres what has been happening to me

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Do not use the 320 drivers use the 314 drivers...

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

i am now back with the same drivers and no problem so far. gonna try some games to see if it still goes. windows went to repair last night and this is the first time since then. also my ram is at 1333 even if i had a 1600 kit. i didn't build this because i had no time and let a store build it for me.

Not to worry..give the system a good work out to check that it is stable..once you are confident that the issue is solved..then set your DIMM's back up to 1600...Good luck..

set my ram to 1600 and currently playing games. should i do prime95 or some gpu stress test software?

Give OCCT a try...http://www.ocbase.com/  it will stress the whole system. So far so good.I hope it stays that way.. :)

how long should i run it?

Computer restarted while downloading. Reformatting now.

is it the 320.18 drivers? because those screwed me and a lot of others over, although my issue isn't as severe. heres what has been happening to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Z9AVaVYjw&feature=player_embedded

i had a similar issue when i was usin a GTX 560 Direct CU Gpu

i thougth it was the HDD but now i think i migth have been the GPU, here have a look 

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

what model of the 680 do you have?

Palit jetstream.

Computer froze when installing drivers. Is the gpu faulty or can other parts be the problem?

anyone?

Check this first..reboot the system > at the POST beep..hit the F5 key..this will bring you to the Windows 7 memory diag screen..run a test 

Check this first..reboot the system > at the POST beep..hit the F5 key..this will bring you to the Windows 7 memory diag screen..run a test 

gonna bring it back to the store tomorrow. is there a chance that the gpu may be faulty? i have played tombraider on ultra for 1 hour without crashing. just after :/

What version of the driver did you install..?

What version of the driver did you install..?

314 after the reformat. 320 when i played tomb raider.

Ok..did you run any memory test on your system..? I am not sure if the troubles you are having are from a faulty GPU. 

Ok..did you run any memory test on your system..? I am not sure if the troubles you are having are from a faulty GPU. 

nope. maybe the ram is faulty? the gpu is less likely to be the problem because i was able to play smoothly. i just want to use my computer! summer here is almost over.

computer is unplugged and all. getting ready to bring t back tomorrow.

I understand.. :) ..but the troubles you have do not conclusively point to a faulty GPU..(1 hr of smooth play with Tomb Raider) Unable to download files.(NIC/Ram) freezes when trying to run software (Ram/HDD/Drivers)  etc...

I understand.. :) ..but the troubles you have do not conclusively point to a faulty GPU..(1 hr of smooth play with Tomb Raider) Unable to download files.(NIC/Ram) freezes when trying to run software (Ram/HDD/Drivers)  etc...

that's a relief. of all things i don't want my gpu to be faulty.