Corsair K70 Anodized Black

Akula

I'm aware of Corsair releasing the K70 with Blue & Brown switches on their Gun Metal Grey keyboards.

But are they releasing it on their Black Anodized Boards? any news?

I sincerely hope so..

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

On Corsairs page- http://www.corsair.com/us/k70, they haven't mentioned not including it for any k70 series keyboard, so my guess is they will incude it for all their variations, beacuse it will be strange if they make it available for only a few variations and not all.

PC in Profile

It'll likely come later after they've sold a few thousand gun metal ones so people will whip out their wallet to buy another one.

It's just like double dip sales techniques they use with Blu-rays.

Now I'm tossing up between waiting for Blues or grabbing the reds :o

Mx Reds are no issues, personally i prefer Blue's

I just hope they release them at the same time as eachother..

it will be strange if they make it available for only a few variations and not all.

This is what makes me think that they might only release silver versions with blues and browns. Corsair's peripheral division seems to have a thing about making strange decisions.

This is what makes me think that they might only release silver versions with blues and browns. Corsair's peripheral division seems to have a thing about making strange decisions.

It's not a strange decision.

They do it in the hopes that you'll buy more then one keyboard,  they know a certain percentage of people will want the new keys but prefer black but buy the grey anyways until the black arrives

because they are too impatient to wait.  

It's the same with movies on DVD/Blu-ray.... version comes out, then another with extras...then later in 3D...  then DVD/Digital/Blu-Ray pack......then the UnRated version.....etc.

they get multiple sales from people who just have to have the next best thing or are too impatient to wait for the final one that has everything they want in once package.

It's not a strange decision.

They do it in the hopes that you'll buy more then one keyboard,  they know a certain percentage of people will want the new keys but prefer black but buy the grey anyways until the black arrives

because they are too impatient to wait.  

It's the same with movies on DVD/Blu-ray.... version comes out, then another with extras...then later in 3D...  then DVD/Digital/Blu-Ray pack......then the UnRated version.....etc.

they get multiple sales from people who just have to have the next best thing or are too impatient to wait for the final one that has everything they want in once package.

Ah yes, the notoriously large segment of the mechanical keyboard market that buys the same product twice, but in different colours...

Well either way, id be throwing my money at Corsair if they just released these boards in different switch & colors.

Well either way, id be throwing my money at Corsair if they just released these boards in different switch & colors.

They are going to. Watch the computex corsair video

Ah yes, the notoriously large segment of the mechanical keyboard market that buys the same product twice, but in different colours...

It's not just that,

They know many people are too impatient to wait around until the release the keyboard with the colour/Key combo they want.

Blu-ray as an example.   Lord of the Rings....  they release the Theatrical version and then sit on the Extended version for a full year

so if you want to see it at home you have to buy the Theatrical and then buy the Extended when it comes out and sell your theatrical on Craiglist.

They score two sales on one movie.

Corsair is doing this with their keyboards,

mods... please delete.

mods... please delete.

Now I'm tossing up between waiting for Blues or grabbing the reds :o

Definitely wait!  While the Reds are nice and the K70 is absolutely fantastic, I'd wait as they will be coming out next month with both the Brown and Blues.  

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

It's not just that,

They know many people are too impatient to wait around until the release the keyboard with the colour/Key combo they want.

Blu-ray as an example.   Lord of the Rings....  they release the Theatrical version and then sit on the Extended version for a full year

so if you want to see it at home you have to buy the Theatrical and then buy the Extended when it comes out and sell your theatrical on Craiglist.

They will still be offering the MX Red version so that is a not a very good comparison....at all.  Most people who bought the K70 didn't buy it as a result of settling for MX Red.  In fact, I'd wager that a significant portion of those that bought the K70 never owned a MK beforehand.  I bought it because it had Reds and the build and finish are superior.  I do prefer MX Browns but I use other boards for continuous typing.

Corsair was in fact, like many other KB makers, waiting on MX Brown supply to be replenished.  Logitech with their G710+ dried up the supply for a good bit.  Coolermaster themselves just got around to putting the MX Browns on the Quickfire TK back out.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

Just received an email back for Corsair Sales Team.

The Blues & Browns will only be available on the Gun-Mertal Grey keyboards.

Very disappointed

It's not just that,

I know what you were saying, my point was that we aren't talking about DVDs and Blu-Rays. Not only are mechanical keyboards a heck of a lot more expensive, but the sheer amount of layout and switch options means the likelihood of someone buying the same keyboard again just because it's in a different colour is even less likely.

It doesn't have to be large for them to make a good amount of money.

Most people who bought the K70 didn't buy it as a result of settling for MX Red.  In fact, I'd wager that a significant portion of those that bought the K70 never owned a MK beforehand.

That's exactly it, I think it has even more to do with the Corsair branding too.

That's exactly it, I think it has even more to do with the Corsair branding too.

Well, branding is very important.  Especially if you're known for putting out quality stuff across the board.