OEM Seasonic G360

Hansell
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

OEM doesn't really mean much. WD sells OEM versions of their hard drives, but it's the exact same hard drive as the "retail" version(just without some potential goodies). Another example is Cooler Master uses other companies as their OEM, but that fact doesn't reflect the quality at all.

I've searching some info and review for a while and I decide Seasonic g360 will be perfect for my budget build without compromising quality

The only problem is, in my country they only sell OEM version for g360, it does have gold label and 5 years warrant, but the label "OEM" make me worry

since PSU is really critical component I don't wanna go cheap with it but I also doesn't want to go overkill with it, like there is higher tier product with all the good stuff but I don't think I will need that so any thought? 

OEM doesn't really mean much. WD sells OEM versions of their hard drives, but it's the exact same hard drive as the "retail" version(just without some potential goodies). Another example is Cooler Master uses other companies as their OEM, but that fact doesn't reflect the quality at all.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Maybe this is stupid but is there any chance that the OEM version got different component ?

Maybe this is stupid but is there any chance that the OEM version got different component ?

I doubt it. I believe it would be the same power supply. Packaging will probably be different though.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

No. Oem products are just 'not-retail' and may come with different packaging and lack some accessories. It's the 'bare product'.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

No. Oem products are just 'not-retail' and may come with different packaging and lack some accessories. It's the 'bare product'.

mine said they did not include the power cord, but they sell it separately the thick one and the standard one, which one should I got?

mine said they did not include the power cord, but they sell it separately the thick one and the standard one, which one should I got?

Doesn't matter.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.