LED Lightining

Hello guys, Im here to ask you guys can a led bw attached to COOLER MASTER Elite 311. I have that case. and just want to add led mod to it. if possible can anyone tell me that whether can i change its side panel with windowed one?. Would like red led strips since i have red railings in the front of the case and red led fans inside. and yes if i can attach led cable then how can i cut and istall molex to that LED strip, I have sata data cable to Molex cables lying aroud can use them it needed.

[CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4350 @4.2GHz ] [MoBo: 970 PRO GAMING/AURA] [Ram: 2x8GB HyperX FURY 8GB 1600MHz DDR3] [GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB] [PSU: Corsair VS550Watt] [HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB WD green] [CPU Cooler: JONSBO CPU AIR COOLER - CR-201 RED LED] [Display: LG 24MP88HV-S 24-inch Slim IPS] -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I'm currently looking for a window kit for your case. You could do the same to get faster results. Just look for a "Window kit" for your case. I've seen that your case has a "Plus" version that has a Window. Just need to find someone who sells that panel separately. I'll edit this post as soon as I find one.

EDIT: I'm sorry. I can't find someone who sells the Window Kit separately. You could probably find someone selling it on ebay or something... But you can still double check this. Only because I can't find a window kit does not mean it does not exist.

For the LED's you have 2 options.

Option 1: You can buy LED striped specially made for PC's. That means they already have the power connectors you need. But they are usually more expensive. This (http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/101-sleeved-led-kit-case-accessory) or this (http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/98-hue-case-accessory.html) would be a easy way.

Option 2: If you want to save money you can buy LED stripes and solder them to a adapter for molex. Most LED's will work with this. But you need to check the the LED stripes are compatible plus you need to solder a bit... This one seems to be quite cheap to buy (http://www.amazon.com/Lerway-Flexible-Controller-SMD5050-Waterproof/dp/B00C3C87TY/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415616811&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=led+stripes+rgb+2m)

I'm currently looking for a window kit for your case. You could do the same to get faster results. Just look for a "Window kit" for your case. I've seen that your case has a "Plus" version that has a Window. Just need to find someone who sells that panel separately. I'll edit this post as soon as I find one.

EDIT: I'm sorry. I can't find someone who sells the Window Kit separately. You could probably find someone selling it on ebay or something... But you can still double check this. Only because I can't find a window kit does not mean it does not exist.

Option 1: You can buy LED striped specially made for PC's. That means they already have the power connectors you need. But they are usually more expensive. This (http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/101-sleeved-led-kit-case-accessory) or this (http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/98-hue-case-accessory.html) would be a easy way.

Option 2: If you want to save money you can buy LED stripes and solder them to a adapter for molex. Most LED's will work with this. But you need to check the the LED stripes are compatible plus you need to solder a bit... This one seems to be quite cheap to buy (http://www.amazon.com/Lerway-Flexible-Controller-SMD5050-Waterproof/dp/B00C3C87TY/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415616811&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=led+stripes+rgb+2m)

Thank you for replying sir. I have seen a video for how to make custom side windowed panel so will probably do that. Or ask someone with better experience to do it. And about led i know that i'll have to solder the wires of molex to led's but the problem is i dont know which wire to solder where(i mean on which spot i should solder those 4 wires conected to molex) i'm from india so is there international shiping on those sites?

And also im getting led strip 5m for very cheap rate @100rs(inr) will probably get it first just to test the system so that it looks good and will change it to a better quality once.

[CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4350 @4.2GHz ] [MoBo: 970 PRO GAMING/AURA] [Ram: 2x8GB HyperX FURY 8GB 1600MHz DDR3] [GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB] [PSU: Corsair VS550Watt] [HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB WD green] [CPU Cooler: JONSBO CPU AIR COOLER - CR-201 RED LED] [Display: LG 24MP88HV-S 24-inch Slim IPS] -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

And also is there anyway to increase air flow cause if i use windowed panel on the side then i'll loose 1 fan mounting slot and thus less airflow,

And also is there anyway to increase air flow cause if i use windowed panel on the side then i'll loose 1 fan mounting slot and thus less airflow,

If you want to make a custom window kit anyway you can just cut new holes into your case and put fans in there. You could cut out one or two on the top of the case to suck out hot air. And you could buy better fans... But if you do that you could just buy a better case instead... 

If you change all fans to really good ones you will pay more then you would for a new and better case that wouldn't have any airflow problems.

For your soldering problem: You can cut most LED Strips into 3 led parts or something. So you can just test your configuration with 3 led's instead of all led's. If you have single color LED stripes there wont be 4 contacts. Just 2. They should be marked with a "+" and a "-". If you use RGB LED's you will have 4 contacts. I would not recommend to use RGB because by just soldering them to a power source you won't be able to change colors. 

If you really want RGB stripes you'll need a little control box with a remote. Those are usually running with external 12V power supplies. You could solder this box to a molex connector instead of the external power supply. (Please do not solder them directly to the power supply connector. Use a adapter or something as a middle part)

But if you do this check how much Ampere those boxes need and how much your molex will give. If your power supply has more Amp then the box needs everything will be ok. If not not...

If you want to make a custom window kit anyway you can just cut new holes into your case and put fans in there. You could cut out one or two on the top of the case to suck out hot air. And you could buy better fans... But if you do that you could just buy a better case instead...

If you change all fans to really good ones you will pay more then you would for a new and better case that wouldn't have any airflow problems.

For your soldering problem: You can cut most LED Strips into 3 led parts or something. So you can just test your configuration with 3 led's instead of all led's. If you have single color LED stripes there wont be 4 contacts. Just 2. They should be marked with a "+" and a "-". If you use RGB LED's you will have 4 contacts. I would not recommend to use RGB because by just soldering them to a power source you won't be able to change colors.

If you really want RGB stripes you'll need a little control box with a remote. Those are usually running with external 12V power supplies. You could solder this box to a molex connector instead of the external power supply. (Please do not solder them directly to the power supply connector. Use a adapter or something as a middle part)

But if you do this check how much Ampere those boxes need and how much your molex will give. If your power supply has more Amp then the box needs everything will be ok. If not not...

You are right on the new case thing but the problem is that this is new buuld of my. I mean my last mobo died on me so had to get this and yeah being a budget gamer could not invest in those fancy cases out there but if i could mod this just for use of a year and half max then i would be good. My biggest roadblock here is how will i manage air flow with this system. Wonder if i had lil time while i went out there shopping for cases could have got better case for couple of extra bucks. For now im thinking of making holes at the too of the case just for air flow... Or could remove those slots of optical drives and instal fan there with black mesh on the front panel just replacement of the covers of optical drives. Also by doing that i'll have more pleasant view of led light from front. And better air flow too

I mean... yes you could replace the optical drive slot covers and put a fan there... But that would look awful... It would be kinda sad. I don't think that the LED's would make much sense in a case that does not serve its purpose that well with a window kit. 

I really don't want you to tell you that you shouldn't use LED's but I do think that you might need to check your priorities when you have a very tight budget... Please don't take this as an offense. I just think that you might not be that happy with the end resault. I think you would be more happy in long terms if you save some money for a better suited case to put the LED's in :)

I mean... yes you could replace the optical drive slot covers and put a fan there... But that would look awful... It would be kinda sad. I don't think that the LED's would make much sense in a case that does not serve its purpose that well with a window kit.

I really don't want you to tell you that you shouldn't use LED's but I do think that you might need to check your priorities when you have a very tight budget... Please don't take this as an offense. I just think that you might not be that happy with the end resault. I think you would be more happy in long terms if you save some money for a better suited case to put the LED's in :)

None taken... And yeah i had this in back of my mind of whether i should or shouldnt. I guess time will tell what i'll end up with.... If not this case will get a better case next year which serves its purpose and i can mod that too. Thank you sir for helping me out here. Atleast the knowledge of making led and windowed side panel would be good thing for future.

I hope you'll get the Rig of your dreams in the future :) Patience and hard work are the keys for this to come true. 

I wish you a great day ;) Hope I was not a dreamcrusher or something... Always feel bad when I tell people that they better wait for "something something" before they upgrade "something something".

Greetings

HQToast

EDIT: This might be interesting 

I hope you'll get the Rig of your dreams in the future :) Patience and hard work are the keys for this to come true. 

I wish you a great day ;) Hope I was not a dreamcrusher or something... Always feel bad when I tell people that they better wait for "something something" before they upgrade "something something".

Greetings

HQToast

EDIT: This might be interesting 

Well you were not a dream crusher for sure i can assure that. Even my GF dint like my proj. she was against it and my family members also. so I guess will wait it out until i have a better case. and the funny thing is that I have already watched that video like last month Dont remember what i was searching ast that time. Anyways thanks for helping me out here and solving my queries. I'll be back with a better case then and will suerly put a custom LED mod in that.

Greetings :)