Choosing between EVGA G2 850W and Corsair AX760i

tattyseal
Go to solution Solved by tattyseal,

Gonna go with the G2. Thanks.

Hello.

I am planning to build my new computer and I need help choosing between the EVGA G2 850 and Corsair AX760i

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97
Graphics Card: Asus STRIX GTX 970
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 2133Mhz
Hard Drive 1: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB
Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Corsair Carbride Air 540
Power Supply: ???

I have heard the OEM for EVGA is Superflower and the Corsair Silverstone.

I say evga all day. Except get the evga 750w g2, Save a few bucks because even if you sli later you will still have plenty of juice. The ax is platinum though. You will lose about 1-2% efficiency. Personally I don't think the price gap is even close to worth it. The 750w g2 is almost half the price...The quality for both are top notch though.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I say evga all day. Except get the evga 750w g2, Save a few bucks because even if you sli later you will still have plenty of juice. The ax is platinum though. You will lose about 1-2% efficiency. Personally I don't think the price gap is even close to worth it. The 750w g2 is almost half the price...The quality for both are top notch though.

Yeah I just thought the 750w as you posted, the 750 is out of stock at the minute though, reason for saying 850 :P Yeah EVGA does seem better and ALOT quieter

Yeah I just thought the 750w as you posted, the 750 is out of stock at the minute though, reason for saying 850 :P Yeah EVGA does seem better and ALOT quieter

Dat fan eco mood son.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Yes the EVGA G2 is a SuperFlower unit, but the AX760i is from Flextronics.

Both are good, solid HighEnd PSU's. I think the G2 has the better fan profile so i would go with that!

Thanks everyone, I just need reassuring, I don't want my PSU or 970 to have any whine ;)

Thanks everyone, I just need reassuring, I don't want my PSU or 970 to have any whine ;)

Yeah technically the AX is the better PSU, but it's a lot more expensive and they're notorious for coil whine

"Rawr XD"

Echo, echo. Both are tier one units. Both will do the job well and you won't be disappointed. But the Corsair is way too expensive vs the EVGA. Go with the EVGA.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!