Whacha think of this?

Dubesta11

I was in the store yesterday to look for a powerline adaptor and came apon this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/7289029.p?id=1219262038351&skuId=7289029&st=categoryid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=1

What do you guys think, the build feels solid, track pad usable, a very nice IPS screen, an 840m for light gaming, all by a trusted company. For that price, is there anything similar to this, (Not a y50), that would be good for going into engineering in college? I would rather have a solid machine than a high specked budget gaming laptop.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Well Ok, it depends on what you do...My vote would be retina MacBook Pro 13" instead of this. Gives you a light, fast machine with superior build quality, battery life and customer support. No touchscreen and maybe a bit more expensive if you want similar specs, but such a good option for school. It weighs 1.3kg...

Some people will hate me for recommending a Mac, which is stupid imho, because they are exactly what you want: "A solid machine"

But if you don't want to spend extra and don't want to use OS X, then that is perfectly understandable. If you really want a 15" laptop, I understand that too and in that case, the MacBook Pro is just really expensive so I wouldn't necessarily recommend that either.

Just my two cents...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Well... If it would be me then I would choose this because its pretty powerful, has IPS screen and even a 840m so you can game sometimes on it.

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

If the price is right for you I'd say get it.

Dream-phone: USB type-c (3.1), 1440p, 5-inch, removable battery, 32gb RAMdrive, sd card slot, stock Android, transparent atomic purple build, 9050 mah battery, waterproof AF, nuclear powered, ac wifi is fine.
                           OR a one-of-a-kind iphone that runs Android.

Well Ok, it depends on what you do...My vote would be retina MacBook Pro 13" instead of this. Gives you a light, fast machine with superior build quality, battery life and customer support. No touchscreen and maybe a bit more expensive if you want similar specs, but such a good option for school. It weighs 1.3kg...

Some people will hate me for recommending a Mac, which is stupid imho, because they are exactly what you want: "A solid machine"

But if you don't want to spend extra and don't want to use OS X, then that is perfectly understandable. If you really want a 15" laptop, I understand that too and in that case, the MacBook Pro is just really expensive so I wouldn't necessarily recommend that either.

Just my two cents...

I would need windows, don't feel like dealing with dual boot systems, and don't want to overpay when I could get something much better.

Well... If it would be me then I would choose this because its pretty powerful, has IPS screen and even a 840m so you can game sometimes on it.

Seems quite good for the price, I don't need a full on gaming system, but something that has a good balance.

If the price is right for you I'd say get it.

The price is decent, I am just considering the size, weight, and specs of it at the moment. I might get a 14 inch laptop instead for better portability (Or 13)

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

If you get a smaller/lighter laptop you may lose the dedicated graphics card.

Dream-phone: USB type-c (3.1), 1440p, 5-inch, removable battery, 32gb RAMdrive, sd card slot, stock Android, transparent atomic purple build, 9050 mah battery, waterproof AF, nuclear powered, ac wifi is fine.
                           OR a one-of-a-kind iphone that runs Android.