Would this be a GPU issue or something else?

tabman
 I have a sapphire 7870 ghz 2gb, and a i5-3570k. Im having some issues after having the PC since about April. Weather it be on Call of duty, crysis, League of Legends, arma, whatever game....I get somewhat random frame drops. Like on call of duty, I run 125fps....the frams drop in a way that makes it look like its lagging on my screen. In fact, I first thought it was my ping, but after having the issue across many games, i know its not. Like on league, when i first got My PC, easy 300-150 frams. Now, it will jump...and i mean jump...from 150-98 all the time. Every game does the same thing. I keep the PC cleam, blowing it out with air at least every 1-2 weeks. Any idea? Should i say something to sapphire? Or is it not a video card thing? I know the PC can run these games fine, since I was able to before. I've also seen that maybe it could be a hdd problem? Any help would be nice.  Also, before anyone ask, yes, I have my drivers up to date. Thanks for any help. 

Sounds like screen tearing, it's when your fps is going faster than your monitor can display, ( I believe this is the problem) I'm not sure about amd cards, but enabling v-sync would be the solution on an Nvidia card I believe.

Although 300-150fps on league I'm not sure if your trolling lol, I was only getting like 160 with a titan ;9

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Sounds like screen tearing, it's when your fps is going faster than your monitor can display, ( I believe this is the problem) I'm not sure about amd cards, but enabling v-sync would be the solution on an Nvidia card I believe.

Although 300-150fps on league I'm not sure if your trolling lol, I was only getting like 160 with a titan ;9

guess it would depend on what resolution hes using as compared to you xP

I have a sapphire 7870 ghz 2gb, and a i5-3570k. Im having some issues after having the PC since about April. Weather it be on Call of duty, crysis, League of Legends, arma, whatever game....I get somewhat random frame drops. Like on call of duty, I run 125fps....the frams drop in a way that makes it look like its lagging on my screen. In fact, I first thought it was my ping, but after having the issue across many games, i know its not. Like on league, when i first got My PC, easy 300-150 frams. Now, it will jump...and i mean jump...from 150-98 all the time. Every game does the same thing. I keep the PC cleam, blowing it out with air at least every 1-2 weeks. Any idea? Should i say something to sapphire? Or is it not a video card thing? I know the PC can run these games fine, since I was able to before. I've also seen that maybe it could be a hdd problem? Any help would be nice.  Also, before anyone ask, yes, I have my drivers up to date. Thanks for any help. 

i had a similar issue on my old system, you could try enabling vsyn like lays suggested but i provided your issue is the same i had that clearing the cmos and redoing my overclock seemed to fix it, if your running anything overclocked be it gpu cpu or ram try resetting it to default and see if that fixes your issue

Do you use FRAPS..?

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Do you use FRAPS..?

I have, but not for cod because of the already installed draw fps, nor have i ever used it on league. 

Im aware of screen tearing, although i never thought of that being the problem. I'll try enabling v-sync the next time I play. As for the monitor, I only have a 60 hz right now, but was planning on getting a 120 hz within the next few weeks. 

guess it would depend on what resolution hes using as compared to you xP

i had a similar issue on my old system, you could try enabling vsyn like lays suggested but i provided your issue is the same i had that clearing the cmos and redoing my overclock seemed to fix it, if your running anything overclocked be it gpu cpu or ram try resetting it to default and see if that fixes your issue

Everything is at its core clock as it was out of the box. However, the gpu was overclocked out of the box, as compared to the normal 7870. Right now it's clocked to 1050, were as, it seems the normal ones are clocked to 1000 or below. 

I have, but not for cod because of the already installed draw fps, nor have i ever used it on league. 

Im aware of screen tearing, although i never thought of that being the problem. I'll try enabling v-sync the next time I play. As for the monitor, I only have a 60 hz right now, but was planning on getting a 120 hz within the next few weeks. 

Everything is at its core clock as it was out of the box. However, the gpu was overclocked out of the box, as compared to the normal 7870. Right now it's clocked to 1050, were as, it seems the normal ones are clocked to 1000 or below. 

that could be the problem, if you're getting like 100+ fps and ur monitor can't keep up, that may be the issue :q

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

ok well if its out of the box like that theres no worry, what about cpu?

ok well if its out of the box like that theres no worry, what about cpu?

i5-3570k @3.4, so that is the same as well. 

ok so i finally got around to some playing. I turned v-sync on in cod black ops 2, and it helps, there is no doubt about it. I just hate playing with v-sync on, feels so odd at 60 fps :P On mw2 4delta1 mod, the servers are crap so its hard to say if it really helped. I love the mod, but im sorry, the servers for me are just baddddddd, even the low ping ones. I also played a good of league WITHOUT v-sync....I had steady 130-160 the whole game. I had 2-3 issues come up however. After someone attacked me, I dropped from like 140 to 60..which caused it to pretty much skip for one second everytime. Other then that, no issues for the most part. BTW, the 300....that comes from the start when nothing is really going on, just thought i would clear that up. Does that count as trolling? not really sure :P

I have a friend that also said something like this "I am running Battlefield 3 with 120 fps".

The fucker had a 4:3 15" monitor with 1024 x 768 res :p

Proud to be from Belgium.

I have a friend that also said something like this "I am running Battlefield 3 with 120 fps".

The fucker had a 4:3 15" monitor with 1024 x 768 res :P

LOL, I saw a video on minecraft with someone with a gtx 580, having 2k fps, yet my titan was maxing out in 1920x1080 at like 1500 fps, then I thought, oh wait resolution derp. lol

BUT CAN IT RUN MINECRAFT? yes. yes it can. lol

ok so i finally got around to some playing. I turned v-sync on in cod black ops 2, and it helps, there is no doubt about it. I just hate playing with v-sync on, feels so odd at 60 fps :P On mw2 4delta1 mod, the servers are crap so its hard to say if it really helped. I love the mod, but im sorry, the servers for me are just baddddddd, even the low ping ones. I also played a good of league WITHOUT v-sync....I had steady 130-160 the whole game. I had 2-3 issues come up however. After someone attacked me, I dropped from like 140 to 60..which caused it to pretty much skip for one second everytime. Other then that, no issues for the most part. BTW, the 300....that comes from the start when nothing is really going on, just thought i would clear that up. Does that count as trolling? not really sure :P

since your running a single card as long as your using a z77 mobo you could always use virtu mvp, ive tried it before and it was nice having that virtual vsync, you can keep your framerate without the terrible screen tearing issues, it may or may not fix some of your issues

since your running a single card as long as your using a z77 mobo you could always use virtu mvp, ive tried it before and it was nice having that virtual vsync, you can keep your framerate without the terrible screen tearing issues, it may or may not fix some of your issues

I have an MSI g45 z77a. I'll look into it, thanks.