Z77 Sabertooth motherboard

Is it really worth the price of this board?

If you are going to be doing some heavy overclocking, yes. If you are not, no.

From what I have heard it's a great motherboard.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

No. The thermal armor is just a gimmick and those small fans make an annoying sound.

It's not a bad board by any means, but IMHO not worth the price.

Well yes but no.

The only reason someone should buy this board is because of its looks if not go for a cheaper mobo with the same features I have it and I just got it for looks your really just paying an extra 30-40 bucks for the all black however its still a good board just a little overpriced. that is my build just showing you the looks you get with a savertooth

post-1970-13667861284006_thumb.jpg

Yeah you're really paying for the looks. Since it does look great. So we can't really decide if it's worth it since it's different for each person.

Simple answer - nope.

You can get the same if not more features from a cheaper board; the Asus P8Z77-V series spring to mind.

As mentioned, you're paying for the aesthetics of the board. Those dust covers are gimmicks a can of compressed air can do the same thing and the fans for cooling can get really annoying.

just more money for the pretty board. the same features you can get with a cheaper board !

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

dont listen to all those idiots ^^^

the z77 has VERY special features few motherboards have

the fact that you can monitor live the temperatures of over 10 places on your mobo, and change fan curves depending on temperature of the components you choose

ALL IN AI SUITE live, in os

this is COMPLETE control of your system, linking software with hardware

you will find this very useful for achieving the optimal settings according to your needs

be it silent while idle, or performance while gaming, you can do ANYTHING with this mobo

not only that, it looks great

if you have no need for looks, or customization, then you dont need this mobo

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

-snip-

Wait, then why doesn't he just get the Formula V? It has MORE features for just a little more.

I don't know why some people are mentioning something about a little fan? This Sabertooth has NO FANS. We are talking about the Z77 model, NOT the X79.

Sauber-C10, I would go with the Formula V for just a little more, unless you want that all black color scheme, which you can probably find a Gigabyte or ASRock motherboard that has an all black theme for a bit cheaper, but of course it'll lack some of the features that Enderman has mentioned. I personally wouldn't go with ASUS because I just don't like them, I've had bad experiences with them in the past, but that is the only reason why I'm not recommending them now. A lot of people love ASUS, but I'm one of the few that just passes them up :P

The thermal armor on the Sabertooth Z77 has two fans in it. I think they are optional though.
Can't see them anywhere, even then, you can still remove them. The AMD version doesn't have Thermal armor and no fans.

The thermal armor on the Sabertooth Z77 has two fans in it. I think they are optional though.
The AMD version of Z77 MB?? lol

just kiding, I guess it comes with a price :)

I happen to own this. I am very satisfied with the looks and performance of the board. Don't forget that the Thermal armor can be removed.

Besides, the thermal armor really does keep the board cooler and makes the air circulate better. It is also an effective dust shield, which in turn increases the lifetime of the board.

It also comes with a 5 year warranty, not that common with motherboards.

I own this mother board, and I really like it. The on board sound is really good with the audio drivers and sounds almost as good as a dedicated sound card. The thermal radar is very nice because it tells you what the temps are like in certain regions of the mother board, os you can change your case config depending on the radar. The dust armour is good because it covers the board and the ports. It makes it really easy to clean. I think that you don't want to cheap out on the mother board just like the PSU. If your gaming this is worth the price.

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

What temperatures can you monitor as i know nearly all motherboards come with CPU temp monitors and GPU temp monitors and some RAM, also the warranty doesn't matter be it 3 years or 5 as i live in the EU so all electronics have a 5 year warranty, the thermal armour to me looks a little silly and do the fans inside the "thermal armour" wine or are they silent? atm the v-formula looks very appealing

They can get kind of annoying and not really necessary. If someone finds the thermal armor appealing but like you(me included) don't find it all that appealing. Hell nearly all motherboards have passively cooled chipsets. Only a few have deliberate active cooling like the Rampage IV.