Which AIO cooler?

Abuser
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

How about Thermaltake water 3.0 ultimate?

the 3.0 performs better than the x61 because its a triple 120mm radiator

The kraken cuz is the best

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

HardOCP is a quality site mate. 

The Kraken x61 has a 6 year warranty and performs great. But the Glacer 240L performs slightly better.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

HardOCP is a quality site mate. 

The Kraken x61 has a 6 year warranty and performs great. But the Glacer 240L performs slightly better.

The kraken is better.

There is no way a 240mm radiator like the 240L is better than a 280mm radiator.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The kraken is better.

The kraken is better.

You even bother checking the HardOCP link OP put? http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/07/10/nzxt_kraken_x61_aio_liquid_cpu_cooler_review/3#.VF6OGFV_s9V

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I went with Thermaltake water 3.0 ultimate. It was a bit cheaper than kraken x61 on amazon. Thank you all for the fast replies. If I don't like it I will return it to amazon :P

Their tests are flawed. They use the stock fans with every AiO, which means that they are not measuring the performance of the radiator, but the radiator with fans. Linus does his tests the proper way by using the same fans at the same rpm and same static pressure to have normalized and accurate results, rather than just measuring which AiO has better fans.

A 280mm radiator performs better than a 240mm AiO. This is a fact.

Spoiler

I went with Thermaltake water 3.0 ultimate. It was a bit cheaper than kraken x61 on amazon. Thank you all for the fast replies. If I don't like it I will return it to amazon :P

Ok good luck with your build ;)

Spoiler

Their tests are flawed. They use the stock fans with every AiO, which means that they are not measuring the performance of the radiator, but the radiator with fans. Linus does his tests the proper way by using the same fans at the same rpm and same static pressure to have normalized and accurate results, rather than just measuring which AiO has better fans.

A 280mm radiator performs better than a 240mm AiO. This is a fact.

Purchased as is with the stock fans they come with, the 240L performs best.

Comparing the radiators, then yes, the bigger rad would have the advantage as a rule of thumb. But you flat out said the Kraken was better, without mentioning having to replace the fans to make it so.

I was right in my original statement, and you in yours. But yours was under different circumstances than simply being stock.

Purchased as is with the stock fans they come with, the 240L performs best.

Comparing the radiators, then yes, the bigger rad would have the advantage as a rule of thumb. But you flat out said the Kraken was better, without mentioning having to replace the fans to make it so.

I was right in my original statement, and you in yours. But yours was under different circumstances than simply being stock.

The fact is that anyone who can spend $150 on an AiO should invest in high quality fans, and not use stock.

Spoiler

The fact is that anyone who can spend $150 on an AiO should invest in high quality fans, and not use stock.

Well that's nonsense, quality fans add a significant extra cost which you should take into account. Just because you want to use a AIO unit doesn't mean you should fork over an ectra 40-50 euros. That something like 33% of the unit's cost in the first place. Enthusiasts have budget managment problems too, even the ones that overclock.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

X61 or Cooler Master Nepton 240M.

I vote for the Nepton 240M.  Just read the reviews, the thing is amazingly quiet while performing just under the X61.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."