Best GTX 980?

Søren Bjerg

difference between the gpus are mostly 3-8fps. with a bit of oc and it perform the same ^^

can personally recommend gigabyte and asus for good cooling.

~Straw

Asus Strix if you are in an open airflow case and if you are not going to watercool (the strix will probably get a supported watercooling block from EK)

Asus Strix if you are in an open airflow case and if you are not going to watercool (the strix will probably get a supported watercooling block from EK)

i think their working on blocks for every pcb design. that must be much work

~Straw

gigabyte or asus strix :D

are you planning on watercooling them later on? if so, get the reference evga or gigabyte

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Computerbase tested 10 GTX 980's

http://www.computerbase.de/2014-11/geforce-gtx-980-test-vergleich-round-up/

There tests are some of the best on the web. It's in german, but with Google translater it's not that hard to understand some graphs :D

(Google translate breaks the site, but the back and forward button on the bottom still work ! )

1. Palit  GTX 980 Super JetStream (never expected that)
2. MSi GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4G
3. EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SuperClocked ACX 2.0
4. Asus GeForce GTX 980 Strix

I personally like the Strix but if you want real contenders wait for say the Lightning by MSI and such or the Zotac AMP

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas