Forum post editor broken?

MG2R
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

This is a known bug with most IPB forums. Ghost and myself have had success editing the post and using the full editor and that removes the issues however it doesn't always work. Something you could try is putting it all into something like Dreamweaver and copying out the design content. 

I've just spent about two hours editing this post because it got f*cked during the transition from vBulletin to IPB (as did the whole thread). When I clicked 'Save changes', the post got even more screwed up. I really don't have courage to completely edit this again!

Mods, help? :(

Seriously not stoked about this one :/

It works 90% of the time. when it doesn't it is annoying i suppose.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Sometimes when editing a post, it comes up all weird. Like just text and none of the tools. Also sometimes I get stuff like <p> around certain things. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's a known issue actually. Sometimes the sanitizer will process your stuff twice, which

results in HTML being printed out. I'm sure it'll be fixed at some point. But indeed, it

does suck a lot if it happens to a long post.

Personally I always <CTRL>-<A><CTRL>-<C> before sending any post, even new ones. If it

gets screwed up, I can simply edit it and <CTRL>-<A><CTRL>-<V>, then save again.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Happened to me a few times, when you edit posts edit in full editor rather than HTML editor, its only ever happened to me in HTML editor if I recall correctly.

If  you are going to do a huge long post (which most of us skip anyway, lol) do it in word first, then copy and paste it in, once you have got it how you want it. saves having to edit it.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

This is a known bug with most IPB forums. Ghost and myself have had success editing the post and using the full editor and that removes the issues however it doesn't always work. Something you could try is putting it all into something like Dreamweaver and copying out the design content. 

Update - I chucked it into a text file and turned that into a HTML file. Here's a copy

fixed.html

fixed.html

Hadn't thought of that, thanks!

Update - I chucked it into a text file and turned that into a HTML file. Here's a copy

Was working on it myself, but thanks a lot for the effort! I ended up editin the post this night :)

Damn, I thought I'd fix it but was too slow with posting the result. Ah well, c'est la vie. :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I appreciate the effort a lot, if that helps :)

It does indeed, thanks! :)