Cloning Laptop Drive

soaringchicken
Go to solution Solved by mosin40,

Use Acronis True Image to clone the drive

There's another that is Linux based called PartedMagic, you need to create a bootable flashdrive

So I just found out that at my school we are getting new laptops next year. So on Monday next week they have to check them for "damage". So naturally I want to get all the non-school related stuff off of there but also back it up. I have a spare drive that I can use to back up all of my data. However I'd like to clone the OS on my HDD as well. However, I only have 2 sata cables so I can only plug in my main drive for my desktop and the laptop drive. I have enough room on my desktop to copy the entire laptop drive two times over but I need a way to duplicate the laptop drive without having the spare drive in my main PC as well. So basically I'm asking if there is a way to create an image of my laptop drive so I can then take out that drive and transfer the image to my spare drive. Well, I hope that made some sense.

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some help on this.
Thanks in advance
Soaringchicken

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Use Acronis True Image to clone the drive

There's another that is Linux based called PartedMagic, you need to create a bootable flashdrive