What do you think about Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1 WIFI

I'm planing to buy x99 motherboard. Current favorit is Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1 WIFI since i'we been using gigabyte motherboards for years now without any incident. I

'm bit worried since there are some bad reviews on http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128746

What do you think about this board? I play to run dual 970 in sli mode.

Or is ASUS Rampage V Extreme way better than Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1 WIFI and worth the extra €?

cant go wrong with gigabyte, asus, evga etc. mobo for x99. but for gaming (what i think bcs dual 970) is x99 def. not the best deal. better go with 1150 for gaming. or if you're really gonna do some heavy rendering in ae or c4d, then better go with x99.

and i personally never listen to reviews on reseller pages. 90% of the bad reviews are just because it got damaged while shipped.

~Straw

Looks problematic. Possibly Bios issues? It is a new platform after all....

cant go wrong with gigabyte, asus, evga etc. mobo for x99. but for gaming (what i think bcs dual 970) is x99 def. not the best deal. better go with 1150 for gaming. or if you're really gonna do some heavy rendering in ae or c4d, then better go with x99.

and i personally never listen to reviews on reseller pages. 90% of the bad reviews are just because it got damaged while shipped.

~Straw

X99 isn't the best deal, but it is the best performance is it not? Especially if you want surround 4k and whatnot.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Damn, that's a sexy board. Too bad it has those weird green capacitors :/

I might be wrong.

I think it's sexy and is why i got it.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Every X99 board is fantastic, reliability/overclocking potential/stability/features/performance etc are all equal. The RVE doesn't even have better VRM than their cheapest X99 board, it's just painted with some red accents and some useless bullshit overclocking features with a dumb toy. Also there are like ~500 (no not exaggerating) overclocking settings you can play with - I don't even know what 90% of them are actually for, boards like the X99-A don't have those settings which is what I prefer.

If you're only gaming I'd avoid X99, they don't perform any better than lga1150 mainly because only a few games actually take advantage of the extra cores X99 offers and a higher clock speed would be more benefitial than 4+ cores.

You must have hard cash to burn if you're considering X99 + DDR4.

Jealous... :)

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.