Question about Amazon and Paypal

vandanved

I want to ask 2 questions.

1. Does Amazon accept payment through paypal?

2. I want to transfer money from my bank account to my paypal account to buy something on amazon. Can i hold that money in my paypal account for 1 month?

Yes i know i can pay directly from my bank. But i want to do it this way, Can you please tell me is this possible or not?

I want to ask 2 questions.

1. Does Amazon accept payment through paypal?

2. I want to transfer money from my bank account to my paypal account to buy something on amazon. Can i hold that money in my paypal account for 1 month?

Yes i know i can pay directly from my bank. But i want to do it this way, Can you please tell me is this possible or not?

No. Paypal is owned by Ebay and Ebay is a competitor for Amazon, so Amazon won't accept Paypal.

Yes, but 1 is no, so it's pointless.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

No. Paypal is owned by Ebay and Ebay is a competitor for Amazon, so Amazon won't accept Paypal.

Ok but can i transfer the money in my paypal account to someone else's bank account?

Ok but can i transfer the money in my paypal account to someone else's bank account?

You can transfer it to someone else's paypal account...

Pilates

You can transfer it to someone else's paypal account...

Thank you both of you for answering my question..

Just a note: While eBay and Amazon are competitors, PayPal is accepted by many online retailers and marketplaces. I think the reason Amazon doesn't accept PayPal is because they want you to use Amazon Payments (What Kickstarter uses).

However, eBay is planning to spin off PayPal into a separate independent company (Think AMD and GlobalFoundries, or ASUS and Pegatron). Once this happens, we may see PayPal having an explosive growth of new online retailers accepting it.

To @vandanved they've already answered your questions pretty thoroughly :) I don't really have anything more to add.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just a note: While eBay and Amazon are competitors, PayPal is accepted by many online retailers and marketplaces. I think the reason Amazon doesn't accept PayPal is because they want you to use Amazon Payments (What Kickstarter uses).

However, eBay is planning to spin off PayPal into a separate independent company (Think AMD and GlobalFoundries, or ASUS and Pegatron). Once this happens, we may see PayPal having an explosive growth of new online retailers accepting it.

To @vandanved they've already answered your questions pretty thoroughly :) I don't really have anything more to add.

I hope so! I hope that they'll get involved with Amazon, because there is so many times I would love to use my Paypal funds to buy something on Amazon, or instant transfer from my bank account.

I hope so! I hope that they'll get involved with Amazon, because there is so many times I would love to use my Paypal funds to buy something on Amazon, or instant transfer from my bank account.

You live in Ontario? Does your bank offer a "VISA Debit" card? They're offered by pretty much every major bank now. What it is, is your regular Debit Account (Chequing or Savings Account), but it can be processed as a VISA as well. It's NOT a credit card, as the money is withdrawn directly from your account, but it is accepted by many online retailers, including Amazon.

I have my VISA Debit Card associated with my Amazon account, and there are no problems. Amazon just thinks it's another VISA credit card.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You live in Ontario? Does your bank offer a "VISA Debit" card? They're offered by pretty much every major bank now. What it is, is your regular Debit Account (Chequing or Savings Account), but it can be processed as a VISA as well. It's NOT a credit card, as the money is withdrawn directly from your account, but it is accepted by many online retailers, including Amazon.

I have my VISA Debit Card associated with my Amazon account, and there are no problems. Amazon just thinks it's another VISA credit card.

Yeah I've been looking into it, it would come in handy on some sites. Any fees?

Yeah I've been looking into it, it would come in handy on some sites. Any fees?

Nope! Well... I mean, no additional fees. Whatever fees are normally associated with your bank chequing account will obviously still apply :P Unless you're lucky and have a no-fee student account or something. But there are no additional fees to switch over to VISA Debit from regular Debit. And there are no fees when using it as a "credit card" either.

Nope! Well... I mean, no additional fees. Whatever fees are normally associated with your bank chequing account will obviously still apply :P Unless you're lucky and have a no-fee student account or something. But there are no additional fees to switch over to VISA Debit from regular Debit. And there are no fees when using it as a "credit card" either.

Ok cool, thanks! I'm gonna look into it!