Please help me to build my first PC

Go to solution Solved by BaSkA,

It's a strong gaming build. Just missing an SSD and I'm not sure if you need that CPU cooler. Unless you're doing some serious overclocking, a 212 EVO would be just fine (and a lot cheaper).

So, I've decided to leave the world of consoles and venture into a new and exciting world for me, the world of PC's. :rolleyes:

I've always had a slight interest in building a gaming PC, as many of my friends have, so I decided that I would go ahead and make a move.

I have done a bit of research as to what components to get, using both "logicalincrements.com" and my friends' advice in deciding on potential components.

So far I have drafted a system consisting of:

Core Components

• GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
  • CPU: I5 4690K
  • CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
  • HDD: Seagate 1TB SATA 6G
  • PSU: Corsair RM 650
  • Case: Corsair 450D

Other Components:

• Combo Drive
  • 1 Additonal Fan  - Corsair SP120
  • WiFI PCI Card
  • Dell S2340L 23 inch LED Monitor
  • Cheap Keyboard
  • Logitech G400S Mouse

I don't know what the total cost is in USD (US Dollars $), but, here in South Africa (where I live), it comes to about 21000 ZAR which is about 1870 USD (including other components) -  bear in mind that the South African Rand (ZAR) is particularly weak at this point in time, and PC components are generally more expensive in South Africa :angry:

I would like some guidance over this build - I want to use it for gaming (BF4, AC, FarCry 4 etc).

I want to know whether there is anything I can optimise in this build and whether this build is sufficient for my needs. I do want a high performance gaming machine.

Thank you in advance :)

It's a strong gaming build. Just missing an SSD and I'm not sure if you need that CPU cooler. Unless you're doing some serious overclocking, a 212 EVO would be just fine (and a lot cheaper).

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

looks good. try to get a SSD in there, if you cannot get a SSHD

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Don't stress out too much, it is actually quite easy. It's kind of like adult Legos.

For a build like this go with an SSD

Alright I will add that in to the the build, thank you!

Okay yeah the general feel seems to be to add an SSD, and yeah will look into getting a 212 EVO.

looks good. try to get a SSD in there, if you cannot get a SSHD

Yeah that seems like a good option. 

Don't stress out too much, it is actually quite easy. It's kind of like adult Legos.

Yeah I've been watching a lot of build videos and it seems to be fairly simple.

Just in case you end up getting an SSD, I'd get either the MX100 or 840 EVO. Best bang for the buck right there.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon