970 which brand ?

Executor

Seems fine. Really, the difference between brands isn't all that great so long as they have decent aftermarket cooling solutions. However, the price difference can be. The best bet is usually whichever one is on sale for the cheapest.

The Gigabyte one is one of the higher rated 970's, but Asus cards and MSi are both pretty good. From my experience, avoid PNY and EVGA, but that's just me.

I might be wrong.

EVGA has an outstanding warranty and fantastic customer support but due to my experience with them I can't suggest their hardware. Other good ones are Asus and MSI, another option is Zotac and they have made a strong showing with the 9xx series but I have no experience with them.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I'll compare prices between gigabite asus and msi but the gigabyte one seems to be pretty well overclocked already

Gigabyte or EVGA. MSI makes great products (except for some of there MOBOs that have a failure rate of 5% in the first year...) but there customer service is CRAP.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

• Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming (coolest card, highest factory OC, best look with LED and backplate, little bit of noise in games, very long card though!)
  • Asus GTX 970 Strix (very silent card, fans don't turn when idle or in light games, backplate, marginally slower than Gigabyte)
  • MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (same factory OC as the Asus one, quieter than the Gigabyte card, red theme, no backplate I believe)

There's not much difference though really, just go for what fits your build. 

Interesting, I'm gonna take a look and compare the prices

MSI could match my red theme, seems to be a really good one 

and no coil whine are the ASUS Strix cards

first comment on newegg on the strix- coil whine

---

Get teh gigabyte G1 !!

The Gigabyte G1 is definitely the best from factory and potentially the best overclocked. However, it's sold out everywhere and really expensive right now so... either wait or go for ASUS Strix or maybe the Gigabyte version without back plate.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon