What is your favorite game studio?

thekeemo

We all know how bad some game studios are *cough* ubisoft *cough* but some we never hear about and are just great.

For instance I find square enix to be pretty good

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

ThatGameCompany.

SCE. (SonyComputerEntertainment)

SCS. (For ETS 2)

Valve.

cloud-game-screenshot-1.jpg

But mostly ThatGameCompany.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Bethesda, VALVe, Square Enix like you said. Nothing else on the top of my head.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Uber entertainment... it would be DICE but I'll wait till I play battlefront 3 before saying that.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

For instance I find square enix to be pretty good

Beside the fact they are ruining Deus Ex.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Beside the fact they are ruining Deus Ex.

why havent I heard of this game... looks epic

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

SUPERGIANT, they haven't made a bad game, and they make great music

I gotta say i do hate rockstar, but i do like them more then hate them

Valve is obvious

but respawn might be my favorite just because of titanfall

Mine, Philosophy Studios.

why havent I heard of this game... looks epic

Human Revolution was a huge let down, they did the same thing that Ubisoft did with Watch_Dogs, handicapped the game to be more appealing on console and messed up the mechanics of it pretty bad so if your going to play it, it needs to be the directors cut because they some what fixed it. The cut scenes are actively rendered at 480p because they wanted the console version to ship on one disc which means if you don't have V-sync on the cut scenes run at 600+ FPS (lol) and they look like shit, why they couldn't of just rendered the cut scenes and compressed them down to 480p for the console version so the PC version isn't also 480p is beyond me.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Mine, Philosophy Studios.

cant find them...

According to the games i've played the most, in no particular order

blizzard

blizzard north

black isle (original)

14 degrees east

gearbox

subset games (FTL)

firaxis games

CCP

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Double Fine. Often rather bad gameplay, but beautiful worlds and stories, enough to make playing through the entire game worth it...

Activision, ea and ubisoft

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

CD Projekt Red are my favourite, though 2K, Telltale and Bioware (even EA can't screw them up) are up there

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

Bioware

Valve

For Bioware both KOTOR and Mass Effect left a huge impression on me. And both reminded me how much I love gaming. These games allow you to get sucked into a fictional universe, they let you explore, and your imagination does a lot of the work (if you're so inclined). They make you care about NPCs, and the decisions you make. They are very good at creating player motivation and the desire to uncover more of the story. I would rate the KOTOR plot twist as my most memmorable gaming moment. They also have just the right amount of skill trees, levelling up, and inventory management to add depth without overly weighing you down with that stuff. And Bioware understands that it's about quality and not quantity; there is no point have a vast open world to walk around in if there is nothing interesting to do. It's better to settle for a smaller more focused world. I also think Mass Effect 3 was a fantastic game, and had so many rewarding moments; it's a shame people forget all about that and just focus on the ending.

I was a big fan of Valve since the original Half Life in the 90s. Unforgettable game for it's time. It did suspense really well. As a fan since the early days it's been fun and unexpected to watch Valve grow into this behemoth in the gaming industry. Of late my favourite Valve game is Portal 2; sheer perfection in terms of gameplay, writing, story-telling etc... Apart from that I really appreciate what they have done for the PC gaming industry. In the early-mid 2000s people would constantly talk about how consoles were the future and how PC gaming was dying etc. Steam changed all that and helped turn PC gaming into the massive force it is today. It has allowed me to buy games cheaper than ever before, it has given me access to a huge library including legacy games which were so hard to find before, shelf-space is no longer a problem either in stores or in my house. Scratched discs are no longer a problem. It's removed my excuse for pirating. It's just made PC gaming a lot more accessible for devs and for gamers. And now thanks to Valve I even have a decent library of games on Linux.

Fireaxis

Supergiant Games

and how the fuck didn't anyone mentioned Platinum Games yet? they have extremly awesome games (except the legend of korra, but that seems more like a moneymaker than a real game from them )

Paradox (love me some 4x), Blizzard, Riot.

As a side note, even though Ubisoft tends to muck things up when it comes to PC, they do make some really good games.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for breakfast.