First build, need advice :)

Hello peepz ;) 

I'm pretty much a newbie at this, but i've used a lot of spare time to figure out how I wanted to build this. I was looking for a budget setup, around 850$.

So far, this is what I'm planning to buy:

CPU: AMD Black Edition FX 6300 / 3.5 GHz

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7850 - 2 GB - Double D.

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

RAM: Mushkin Redline - DDR3 - 8 GB - 2133 MHz - CL9

HDD: WD Blue 500GB, SATA-600

PSU: XFX Core Edition PRO 550 Watt

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 - ATX

This is what I had in mind for my budget gaming PC. Does it look good and all-rounded ? :)

These parts might be cheaper in the US, but I'm from Denmark, EU.

Thanks in advance.

Its a good build. If i were you though I would get a phenom 965 and get a better gpu like an hd 7870 xt.

If this is just a gaming rig and not an editing one then you can save money on cheaper ram.  Get some Mushkin Redline 1600 MHz unless you plan on using the graphics on APUs.

that looks fine to me

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Thanks for the quick response :)

The Phenom 965 is only 32$ cheaper.. And wont the CPU bottleneck the GPU if i go for: Phenom 965 and a HD 7870 xt?

About the ram, I read something about the APU would benefit from faster RAM, thats why I went for the 8 GB Mushkin 2133 MHz, first I was looking at the Corsair 8 GB 1600 MHz, but the are almost the same price..

Looks like a good build, and is well-rounded, apart from the RAM. Unless you're using an APU, the extra speed of RAM is useless, and it just costs more. So, I would suggest getting something like Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz, in order to get the best price to performance. 

ok i have no idea how much that system you linked adds up to...but id try to incorporate and ssd into the mix...it wont affect the gaming but just general usage and the snappiness of the pc is helped alot by the ssd...the ssd give a better experience in general..imo

also id change the ram to 1600mhz..unless you are getting that ram at a deal or something...btw how much does that cpu cost?

if its 150$ then why not go with an fx 8150? just to have...heh

and the case just sounds like it wont have good cable management and im assuming its around 50$$? then go with a 200r from corsair for the same price...(black interior and such :D)

this is how id budget for 850$

CPU:150$

RAM: 60$

MOBO: 100$

SSD:100$

PSU:50$ (at most {there are cx500 going for 30$ on deals})

CASE:50$

GPU:rest of $$ (unless you also want an hdd)

Thanks for the quick response :)

The Phenom 965 is only 32$ cheaper.. And wont the CPU bottleneck the GPU if i go for: Phenom 965 and a HD 7870 xt? 

No it wouldn't. Also the phenom has very good single threaded performance and can perform better than the fx 6300 once ocd a bit. Also how much does the hd 7850 cost. Also get ram which has 1600 mhz because there isn't any difference in gaming and you also save some money.

Thanks guys.

Gonna take the advises into account and re-customize a bit.

The Mushkin Redline 2133 MHz is actually cheaper than Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz.. Dunno why :P

The FX 6300 is priced at 147$ and a FX 8150 is 231$, and the Phenom 965 is 115$ .. :))

Thanks guys.

Gonna take the advises into account and re-customize a bit.

The Mushkin Redline 2133 MHz is actually cheaper than Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz.. Dunno why :P

The FX 6300 is priced at 147$ and a FX 8150 is 231$, and the Phenom 965 is 115$ .. :))

How much does the hd 7850 cost?

245 $ :o

You could get an hd 7950 for that price.D:

Hmm :D How??? Where should I purchase my parts??? Prices are so much better in the US :((

Hmm :D How??? Where should I purchase my parts??? Prices are so much better in the US :((

I would try to get them from amazon.co.uk or other amazon retailers their prices are pretty good. That is were i got my parts.

So how many pounds do you have as your budget? Or are you actually spending dollars?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hehe, no spending punds, unfortunatly I can't shop in the US :b We'll, my budget atm is 550 £ .. 

I started out thinking about getting the FX 8320, and a matching GPU :) Good one with the cheaper RAM tho, that saves me 15 £ :)

Thanks for the replies peepz :)

But atm i'm considering waiting for next month, maybe even wait for the summer to pass, the parts should be cheaper by then should'nt they ? Also im not sure if I should go for AMD or Intel Rig..

But atm i'm considering waiting for next month, maybe even wait for the summer to pass, the parts should be cheaper by then should'nt they ? Also im not sure if I should go for AMD or Intel Rig..

At the higher end intel are better. But 150 dollars or less amd have the better prices and performance.

Okay, so I've found all this in a Danish webshop and the prices are just about the same as Amazon.co.uk, some even cheaper.. :

1x Club 3D Radeon PokerSeries HD 7870 jokerCard XT - Limited Edition 186 £ 1x AMD Black Edition - AMD FX - 6 kerner - 8 MB cache - Box 91 £ 1x ASUS M5A97 - 2.0 - bundkort - ATX - Socket AM3+ - AMD 970 67 £ 1x Corsair DDR3 PC1600 8GB CL9 kit VENGEANCE 52 £ 1x XFX Core Edition PRO550W - Strømforsyning ( intern ) - ATX12V 2.2/ EPS12V 2.91 48 £ 1x Seagate Barracuda - Harddisk - 500 GB - intern harddisk 42 £

With this Rig, I will have enough for a case + mouse & keyboard, without going over my budget.. But my question is now.. Will the FX 6300 bottleneck the HD 7870 XT?? Should I go all in for the FX 8320?

This is first off, supposed to be a gaming rig :)

Okay, so I've found all this in a Danish webshop and the prices are just about the same as Amazon.co.uk, some even cheaper.. :

1x Club 3D Radeon PokerSeries HD 7870 jokerCard XT - Limited Edition 186 £ 1x AMD Black Edition - AMD FX - 6 kerner - 8 MB cache - Box 91 £ 1x ASUS M5A97 - 2.0 - bundkort - ATX - Socket AM3+ - AMD 970 67 £ 1x Corsair DDR3 PC1600 8GB CL9 kit VENGEANCE 52 £ 1x XFX Core Edition PRO550W - Strømforsyning ( intern ) - ATX12V 2.2/ EPS12V 2.91 48 £ 1x Seagate Barracuda - Harddisk - 500 GB - intern harddisk 42 £

With this Rig, I will have enough for a case + mouse & keyboard, without going over my budget.. But my question is now.. Will the FX 6300 bottleneck the HD 7870 XT?? Should I go all in for the FX 8320?

This is first off, supposed to be a gaming rig :)

Great rig. The difference between the fx 6300 and the fx 8320 is very small. The fx 6300 won't bottleneck the hd 7870 xt.

Cool, thanks a lot for the help :)